Professor Ip was born in Hong Kong, had his primary and secondary education in Hong Kong and completed his undergraduate and postgraduate studies in the US. He received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the State University of New York, Master of Business Administration from the Indiana University and Doctor of Philosophy from the University of South Carolina.
Professor Ip has over 40 years of university education experience. He has taught at the Hong Kong Baptist College, Chinese University of Hong Kong, University of South Carolina (USA), Clemson University (USA), University of Southern Queensland (Australia) and Griffith University (Australia) before joining the Open University of Hong Kong.
Academic & Professional Experience
Apart from being the Executive Editor of Chinese Management Review, Professor Ip has served as advisor or member for the following:
Expert Panel for Qualifications Framework Credit of, Joint Quality Review Committee
Advisory Committee on Human Resources Development in the Financial Services Sector of the Hong Kong SAR Government
Professional Qualifications Accountability Board of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Advisory Board of the Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries
Advisory Board of Hong Kong Institute of Marketing
Board of the Academy of International Business Southeast Asia Regional Chapter
Program Validation Panel of Lingnan University
Quality Review Team of the Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education
Validation Panel of the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic & Vocational Qualifications
Institutional Review Panel of the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic & Vocational Qualifications
- Chui, A P L, Lau, H F W and Ip, Y K (2001) ‘The post-issue performance of initial public offering firms in the People’s Republic of China’, Advances in International Accounting, Volume 14.
- Ip, Y K and Brooks, L (1996) ‘Capital market information transfer and integration: the case of securities dually traded in the US and Canada’, Global Finance Journal, Volume 7(1).
- Yau, O, Ip, Y K and Chan, D (1995) ‘Selecting a broker or brokerage firm: segmentation of investors in the Australian stock market’, Journal of Professional Service Marketing, Winter.
- Ip, Y K and Hopewell, M H (1987) ‘Corporate financial structure in Hong Kong’, Hong Kong Journal of Business Management, Volume 5.
- Ip, Y K and Pritchett T (1985) ‘Retirement system funds: new uses?’, Business and Economic Review, Volume 32(1).
View a full profile