Professor LUI Yu-hon 呂汝漢教授
BBA CUHK, MA Lancaster University, PhD Lancaster University
ACIB, ACIS, ACS, AHKIB, CGP, CMA, FHKSI, MH
Vice President (Resources and Development)
Tel: 27686008, 28504908
Professor Yu-hon Lui is currently the Vice President (Resources and Development) of Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU).
Professor LUI obtained his B.B.A. from The Chinese University of Hong Kong and subsequently M.A. (Distinction) and Ph.D. degrees in Accounting and Finance from Lancaster University, UK. He started his career in the banking industry before devoting himself in the higher education sector in 1986. He served various academic positions in City University of Hong Kong and Hong Kong Baptist University between 1986 and 1998. In February 1998, he joined HKMU as Director of Centre for Continuing and Community Education (CCCE) in February 1998, and successfully transformed the CCCE from a small general education distance learning centre to a quality continuing and professional education provider, Li Ka Shing Institute of Professional and Continuing Education (LiPACE), specializing in promoting lifelong learning and professional education. In August 2000, he took up the role of Professor and Director of LiPACE until December 2014 when he joined Tung Wah College as the President. During his terms of service as the President at Tung Wah College, Professor LUI successfully led the College to become a prestigious post-secondary college with niche in quality healthcare education. Professor LUI returned to HKMU in March 2020 as the Vice President (Resources and Development).
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
Academic & Professional Experience
2014 – 2020 President, Tung Wah College, Hong Kong.
2000 – 2014 Director and Professor, Li Ka-Shing Institute of Professional and Continuing Education, The Open University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
1998 – 2000 Director, Centre of Continuing and Community Education, The Open University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
1989 – 1998 Associate Head and Associate Professor/University Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Department of Economics and Finance, The City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
1988 – 1989 Lecturer, Department of Finance, Hong Kong Baptist College, Hong Kong.
1986 – 1988 Lecturer, Department of Accountancy, City Polytechnic of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- Y.H. Lui (1989) Hong Kong Financial System. The Commercial Press, Hong Kong (432 pages).
- Y.H. Lui (1992) The Stock Market. The Commercial Press, Hong Kong (250 pages).
- Y.H. Lui (1993) English-Chinese Dictionary in Economics and Finance. The Commercial Press, Hong Kong (284 pages).
- Y.H. Lui (ed) (1997) The Hong Kong Financial System in Motion. The Hong Kong Institute of Bankers (292 pages).
- Y.H. Lui (ed) (1999) HKSI Foundation Program Examination Workbook. The Hong Kong Securities Institute.
- Y.H. Lui (2000) Understanding the Mandatory Provident Fund. U-Press (263 pages).
- Y.H. Lui, "Foreign Exchange Market", in Y.K. Ho, R.H. Scott, and K.A. Wong (eds), The Hong Kong Financial System, Oxford University Press, 1991, pp.187 214.
- R.Y.K. Ho, Y.H. Lui and D. Cheung, “The Money Market in Hong Kong”, in D. Cole, H.S. Scott, and P.A. Wellons (eds), Asian Money Market: The Focus of Financial Policy, New York : Oxford University Press, 1995, pp. 39-94.
- Y.H. Lui, “Banking, Monetary Affairs, and Developments of Financial Markets”, in Joseph Y.S. Cheng & Sunny S.H. Lo (eds), From Colony to SAR: Hong Kong’s Challenge Ahead, Chinese University Press, 1995, pp. 151-173.
- Y.H. Lui, “Banking System”, in S.Y.L. Cheung & S.M.H. Sze (eds), The Other Hong Kong Report 1995, Chinese University Press, 1995, pp. 223-242.
- Y.H. Lui, “The Future of Hong Kong’s Financial Sector”, in Lau Siu Kai (ed), The Blueprint for the 21st Century of Hong Kong, Chinese University Press, 2000, pp. 77-91.
- Y.H. Lui, “The Provision of Non-Local Programmes in Hong Kong: The Experience of the Open University of Hong Kong”, in H.S. Ching, P.W.T. Poon and C. McNaught (eds), eLearning and Digital Publishing, Springer, 2006, pp. 13-28.
- Y.H. Lui and K.V. Peasnell, “Time Series Behaviour, Predictability and Speculation in the Hong Kong Foreign Exchange market”, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, Volume 16, No. 2, spring 1989, pp. 145-163.
- Y.H. Lui, G.Y.N Tang and R.C.Y. Leung, "The Interrelationship between Money and Interest Rates : A Causality Analysis", British Review of Economic Issues, Volume 14, No. 33, June 1992, pp.57-75.
- Y.L. Cheung and Y.H. Lui, “A Note on the Information Content of Relocating Corporation Domicile: A Trading Volume Approach”, Accounting and Business Research, Volume 22, No. 88, Autumn 1992, pp. 377-380.
- Y.H. Lui, “Revision Properties of Hong Kong Security Analysts’ Earnings Forecasts”, British Accounting Review, Volume 25, No. 3, September 1993, pp.257-268.
- Y.H. Lui, “Market Reaction to Analysts’ Multi-year Forecast Revisions: A Non-parametric Analysis”, British Accounting Review, Volume 27, No. 1, March 1995, pp. 35-44.
- Y.H. Lui and David Mole, “The Use of Fundamental and Technical Analyses by Foreign Exchange Dealers: Hong Kong Evidence”, Journal of International Money and Finance, Volume 17, No. 3, June 1998, pp. 535-545.
- A. Leung, Y.H. Lui and I. Chi, “Later Life Learning Experience Among Chinese Elderly in Hong Kong”, Gerontology & Geriatrics Education, Volume 26, Number 2, 2005, pp. 1-15
- A. Leung, I. Chi and Y.H. Lui, “A Cross-Cultural Study in Older Adults’ Learning Experience”, Asian Journal of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Volume 1, Number 2, 2006, pp. 78-83.
Selected Professional & Community Services
- Member, Advisory Committee on Arts Development
- Member, Employees Retraining Board
- Member, Human Resources Planning Commission
- Member, Women’s Commission
- Chairman, Advisory Committee of Cantonese Opera Development Fund
- Independent Director, Bank of communications Trustee Limited
Modified Date: Jan 08, 2022