Dr Louisa Yee-Sum Lee graduated from James Cook University, Australia with a Doctor of Philosophy degree. Louisa is active in publishing research in international refereed journals, presenting at academic conferences and serving as ad hoc reviewer for academic journals. As for industry working experience, Louisa worked at an internationally acclaimed hotel in Hong Kong, Pacific Asia Travel Association in Thailand, and offered consultancy service to Tourism Port Douglas and Daintree in Australia. The research collaboration with international scholars, lecturing experience, supervision of master-degree student, and consultancy experience strongly reinforced her commitment in pursuing an academic career.
Academic & Professional Experience
Are city tourism destinations prepared for the touristification of their intangible cultural heritage? (Principal Investigator) – Funded HK$540,600 by Faculty Development Scheme (FDS) of Research Grants Council (RGC), January 2019 – December 2020.
- Prideaux, B., Lee, L.Y.S., & Tsang, N. (2018). A comparison of photo-taking and online-sharing behaviors of mainland Chinese and Western theme park visitors based on generation membership. Journal of Vacation Marketing, 24(1), 29-43.
- Tsai, H., Hsu, C.H., & Lee, L.Y.S. (2017). A casino-induced satisfaction of needs: scale development and its relationship with casino customer loyalty. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 34(7), 986-1000.
- Lee, L.Y.S. (2016). Hospitality industry web-based self-service technology adoption model: A cross-cultural perspective. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research, 40(2), 162-197.
- Tsang, N., Lee, L.Y.S., & Qu, H. (2015). Service quality research on China’s hospitality and tourism industry. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 27(3), 473-497.
Selected Professional & Community Services
- Technical Advisor (Tourism), Employees Retraining Board
- Editorial board member for Journal of Tourism Futures
- Ad hoc reviewer for Tourism Management, International Journal of Hospitality Management, Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research, Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, and Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research
Modified Date: Nov 30, 2019