Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Health risk assessment with a focus on food safety
- Recycling food waste as fish feed
- Ecological performance of restored landfill
- Man YB, Lei KM, Chow KL, Leung AOW, Mo WY, Wong MH (2020). Ecological risks of heavy metals/metalloid discharged from two sewage treatment works to Mai Po Ramsar site, South China. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 192: 1-14.
- Lu H, Yan M, Wong MH, Mo WY, Wang Y, Chen XW, Wang JJ (2020). Effects of biochar on soil microbial community and functional genes of a landfill cover three years after ecological restoration. Science of the Total Environment 717: 137133.
- Zhang F, Man YB, Mo WY, Wong MH (2020). Application of Spirulina in aquaculture: a review on wastewater treatment and fish growth. Reviews in Aquaculture 12: 582-599.
- Mo WY, Choi WM, Man KY, Wong MH (2020). Food waste-based pellets for feeding grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idellus): Adding baker’s yeast and enzymes to enhance growth and immunity. Science of The Total Environment 707: 134954.
- Mo WY, Man YB, Wong MH (2020). Soybean dreg pre-digested by enzymes can effectively replace part of the fishmeal included in feed pellets for rearing gold-lined seabream. Science of The Total Environment 704: 135266.
- Man KY, Chow KL, Man YB, Mo WY, Wong MH (2020). Use of biochar as feed supplements for animal farming. Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology 1-31.
- Man YB, Mo WY, Zhang F, Wong MH (2020). Health risk assessments based on polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in freshwater fish cultured using food waste-based diets. Environmental Pollution 256: 113380.
- Mo WY, Man YB, Zhang F, Wong MH (2019). Fermented food waste for culturing jade perch and Nile tilapia: Growth performance and health risk assessment based on metal/loids. Journal of Environmental Management 236: 236-244.
- Zhang F, Man YB, Mo WY, Wong MH (2019). Application of Spirulina in aquaculture: a review on wastewater treatment and fish growth. Reviews in Aquaculture. https://doi.org/10.1111/raq.12341
- Leung HM, Kwok FSL, Mo WY, Cheung KC, Yue YK, Wong YK, Au CK, Tsui MTK, Yung KKL (2018). Feasibility of Sijunzi Tang (Chinese medicine) to enhance protein disulfide isomerase activities for reactivating malate dehydrogenase deactivated by polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-018-3230-5
- Mo WY, Man YB, Wong MH (2018). Use of food waste fish waste and food processing waste for China's aquaculture industry: Needs and challenge. Science of the Total Environment 613–614: 635-643.
- Mo WY, Chen Z, Leung HM, Leung AOW (2017). Application of veterinary antibiotics in China's aquaculture industry and the potential human health risks. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 24: 8978-8989.
- Man YB, Chow KL, Cheng Z, Mo WY, Chan YH, Lam JCW, Lau FTW, Wong, MH (2017). Profiles and removal efficiency of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons by two different types of sewage treatment plants in Hong Kong. Journal of Environmental Sciences 53: 196-206.
- Mo WY, Lau RSS, Kwok ACK, Wong MH (2016). Use of soybean meal and papain to partially replace animal protein for culturing three marine fish species: Fish growth and water quality. Environmental Pollution 219: 815-820.
- Wong MH, Mo WY, Choi WM, Cheng Z, Man YB (2016). Recycle food wastes into high quality fish feeds for safe and quality fish production. Environmental Pollution 219: 631-638.
- Mo WY, Lun CHI, Choi WM, Man YB, Wong MH (2016). Enhancing growth and non-specific immunity of grass carp and Nile tilapia by incorporating Chinese herbs (Astragalus membranaceus and Lycium barbarum) into food waste based pellets. Environmental Pollution 219: 475-482
- Man YB, Chow KL, Cheng Z, Mo WY, Chan YH, Lam JCW, Lau FTK, Fung WC, Wong MH (2016). Profiles and removal efficiency of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons by two different types of sewage treatment plants in Hong Kong. Journal of Environmental Sciences 53: 196-206.
- Wong JTF, Chen XW, Mo WY, Man YB, Ng CWW, Wong MH (2015). Restoration of Plant and Animal Communities in a Sanitary Landfill: A 10-year Case Study in Hong Kong. Land Degradation & Development 27: 490-499.
- Choi WM, Mo WY, Wu SC, Mak NK, Bian ZX, Nie XP, Wong MH (2013). Effects of traditional Chinese medicines (TCM) on the immune response of grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idellus). Aquaculture International 22: 361-377.
Selected Professional & Community Services
- Vice Chairman, Ocean Citizenship
Link to Google Scholar page
Modified Date: Mar 23, 2021