Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Health risk assessment with a focus on food safety
- Recycling food waste as fish feed
- Ecological performance of restored landfill
- Mo WY, Man YB, Zhang F, Wong MH (2019). Fermented food waste for culturing jade perch and Nile tilapia: Growth performance and health risk assessment based on metal/loids. Journal of Environmental Management 236: 236-244.
- Zhang F, Man YB, Mo WY, Wong MH (2019). Application of Spirulina in aquaculture: a review on wastewater treatment and fish growth. Reviews in Aquaculture. https://doi.org/10.1111/raq.12341
- Leung HM, Kwok FSL, Mo WY, Cheung KC, Yue YK, Wong YK, Au CK, Tsui MTK, Yung KKL (2018). Feasibility of Sijunzi Tang (Chinese medicine) to enhance protein disulfide isomerase activities for reactivating malate dehydrogenase deactivated by polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-018-3230-5
- Mo WY, Man YB, Wong MH (2018). Use of food waste fish waste and food processing waste for China's aquaculture industry: Needs and challenge. Science of the Total Environment 613–614: 635-643.
- Mo WY, Chen Z, Leung HM, Leung AOW (2017). Application of veterinary antibiotics in China's aquaculture industry and the potential human health risks. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 24: 8978-8989.
- Man YB, Chow KL, Cheng Z, Mo WY, Chan YH, Lam JCW, Lau FTW, Wong, MH (2017). Profiles and removal efficiency of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons by two different types of sewage treatment plants in Hong Kong. Journal of Environmental Sciences 53: 196-206.
- Mo WY, Lau RSS, Kwok ACK, Wong MH (2016). Use of soybean meal and papain to partially replace animal protein for culturing three marine fish species: Fish growth and water quality. Environmental Pollution 219: 815-820.
- Wong MH, Mo WY, Choi WM, Cheng Z, Man YB (2016). Recycle food wastes into high quality fish feeds for safe and quality fish production. Environmental Pollution 219: 631-638.
- Mo WY, Lun CHI, Choi WM, Man YB, Wong MH (2016). Enhancing growth and non-specific immunity of grass carp and Nile tilapia by incorporating Chinese herbs (Astragalus membranaceus and Lycium barbarum) into food waste based pellets. Environmental Pollution 219: 475-482
- Man YB, Chow KL, Cheng Z, Mo WY, Chan YH, Lam JCW, Lau FTK, Fung WC, Wong MH (2016). Profiles and removal efficiency of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons by two different types of sewage treatment plants in Hong Kong. Journal of Environmental Sciences 53: 196-206.
- Cheng Z, Lam CL, Mo WY, Nie XP, Choi WM, Man YB, Wong MH (2016). Food wastes as fish feeds for polyculture of low-trophic-level fish: bioaccumulation and health risk assessments of heavy metals in the cultured fish. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 23: 7195-7203.
- Mo WY, Cheng Z, Choi WM, Lun CHI, Man YB, Wong JTF, Chen XY, Lau SCK, Wong MH (2015). Use of food waste as fish feeds: effects of prebiotic fibers (inulin and mannanoligosaccharide) on growth and non-specific immunity of grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella). Environmental Science and Pollution Research 22: 17663–17671.
- Wong JTF, Chen XW, Mo WY, Man YB, Ng CWW, Wong MH (2015). Restoration of Plant and Animal Communities in a Sanitary Landfill: A 10-year Case Study in Hong Kong. Land Degradation & Development 27: 490-499.
- Mo WY, Cheng Z, Choi WM, Man YB, Liu Y, Wong MH (2014). Application of food waste based diets in polyculture of low trophic level fish: Effects on fish growth, water quality and plankton density. Marine Pollution Bulletin 85: 803-809.
- Choi WM, Mo WY, Wu SC, Mak NK, Bian ZX, Nie XP, Wong MH (2013). Effects of traditional Chinese medicines (TCM) on the immune response of grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idellus). Aquaculture International 22: 361-377.
Link to Google Scholar page
Modified Date: May 05, 2020