> Dr. Tang Ko Wai William 鄧高瑋博士
Dr William Tang is Assistant Professor of the School of Education and Languages at Hong Kong Metropolitan University. He obtained his doctoral and master’s degree in Information Technology in Education from The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Dr Tang has actively promoted Information Technology in Education by designing and teaching various Information Technology in Education training courses for pre-service and in-service teachers. He has over ten years of experience in teacher education at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. He was the recipient of OUHK President’s Awards for Teaching Excellence in 2018.
His research interests lie in the area of information literacy and the application of information technology in education.
- Information Literacy
- Educational Technology
- Applications of technology tools for learning and teaching
- A Study of Business Students’ Information Literacy Skills Development: Supporting Self-Directed-Learning Readiness for Final Year Undergraduate Projects, PolyU CPCE Teaching Research/Excellence Fund, Ref No: BHM-TF-2021-010(E), Co Investigator, 8 Jun 22 - 7 Dec 23
- A study on digital media and information literacy for undergraduate students, Ref No: RD/2021/03, Principal Investigator, 1 Jan 2022 - 28 Feb 2023
- A study on the use of digital skills for pre-service early childhood teachers, Ref No: PFDS/2021/04, Principal Investigator, 1 Dec 2021 - 30 Nov 2022
- Developing pre-service teachers' information searching skills through an information problem solving course, Ref No: R4090, Principal Investigator, 1 Dec 2019 - 28 Feb 2021
EdD supervision - Current Students with topic of their research
- Chan, K.W. : Use Artificial Intelligence to Enhance Primary and Secondary School English Learners’ Writing in Hong Kong
- Ma, W. : 信息時代下翻轉課堂在大學普通話教學中的實踐探索
- Wong, J. M. S., & Tang, W. K. W. (2021). ‘Online Pre-service Teacher Placements’ during COVID-19: A Compromise or an Opportunity? Academia Letters, Article 312
- Tang, W.K.W. (2020). One plus one is greater than two: Faculty-librarian collaboration for developing information literacy in higher education. IAFOR Journal of Literature and Librarianship, 9(2), 82-87.
- Tang, W.K.W. (2018). Assessing Information Literacy Skills of Undergraduate Freshmen: A Case Study from Hong Kong. International Journal of Media and Information Literacy, 3(1), 11-17.
- Member, HKDSE Applied Learning subject committee, Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority (2021-2024)
- External Examiner, EdD thesis, Northeastern University (2020)
- External Examiner, Higher Diploma in Library and Information Management, SCS, CUHK(2017-2020)
- Organizing Committee, The International Conference on Open and Innovative Education (2015-2022)
- Review Committee, The Asian Conference on Education (2020-2022)
- Technical committee, The 10th International Conference on Education, Research and Innovation (2020)
Modified Date: Jun 11, 2022