Dr Wing Shui Ng, Walter has extensive involvement in computer education in Hong Kong. In addition to the experience to serve as the Panel Head of computer subjects and the person in charge of Information Technology in Education Committee in schools, he was seconded to Technology Education Section of Curriculum Development Institute of Education Bureau to develop New Senior Secondary Information and Communication Technology Curriculum, to participate in school-based curriculum development, to organize teacher training programmes and to serve as a speaker in educational seminars. He also contributed his expertise to serve as a reviewer of Computer Education Textbook Review Panel and as a setter as well as the marker of public examination papers for Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority. Moreover, he was appointed as the Subject Expert Adviser to review computer curriculum in Hong Kong. With his expertise, Dr Ng has served as a teacher trainer to nurture ICT teachers for more than 14 years.
Currently, Dr Ng devotes his efforts for training in-service teachers and conducting educational research in The Open University of Hong Kong. He has continuously engaged in international research-related activities. He serves as an Associate Editor-in-Chief of The International Journal of Doctoral Studies (IJDS), a Reviewer of papers submitted to international journals and conferences, and a Speaker as well as a Committee Member of international conferences. He has published several academic articles, including journal papers, conference papers, book chapters, and an edited book.
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Information Technology in Education
- Educational Assessment
- STEM Education
- Lee, Y. C., Chan, M. H., Chan, W. H., Fok, L., Kwok, P. W., Lee, H. M., Ng, W. S., Tsang, Y. F., Yeung, C. H. (2017). STEM Education: From Theory to Practice. Hong Kong: The Education University of Hong Kong.
- Ng, W. S. (2020). Enhancing the Quality of Educational Website Design through Assessment for Learning Strategies. In M. Khosrow-Pour, Learning and Performance Assessment: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications (pp. 1106-1133). USA: IGI Global.
Ng, W. S. (2017). Web Data Mining in Education: Decision Support by Learning Analytics with Bloom's Taxonomy. In G. Sreedhar, Web Data Mining and the Development of Knowledge-Based Decision Support Systems (pp. 58-77). USA: Information Science Reference.
吳永水 (2017)：資訊及通訊科技教育在STEM教育中的角色，於李揚津等人，《STEM教育：從理論到實踐》，頁 23-26。香港: 香港教育大學。
- Ng, W.S., Xie, H., Wang, F.L., & Li, T. (2020). Peer assessment of peer assessment plan: a deep learning approach of teacher assessment literacy. International Journal of Innovation and Learning, 27(4), pp. 450-466.
Poon, K. M. L., & Ng, W. S. (2020). Automatic topic detection on Chinese essays: a technology enhanced approach for facilitating formative use of summative assessment. International Journal of Mobile Learning and Organisation.
Ng, W. S., & Cheng, G. (2019). Integrating drone technology in STEM education: A case study to assess teachers’ readiness and training needs. Issues in Informing Science and Information Technology, 16, 61-70.
Ng, W. S., & Cheung, K. L. (2019). The effectiveness of peer assessment in the flipped classroom. Proceedings of International Conference on Information Communication Technologies in Education ICICTE 2019 (pp. 90-100). Chania, Crete, Greece: The International Consortium for Educational Technology.
Selected Professional & Community Services
- Associate Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Doctoral Studies (IJDS), Online ISSN: 1556-8873, Print ISSN: 1556-8881
Committee Member of International Conferences, ICICTE (2014-2020), InSITE (2013-2019), SETE (2019), TALE (2017)
Academic Book Reviewer
- Sreedhar (2018). Improving E-Commerce Web Applications Through Business Intelligence Techniques. USA: Information Science Reference.
- Sreedhar (2017). Web Data Mining and the Development of Knowledge-Based Decision Support Systems. USA: Information Science Reference.
- Sreedhar (2016). Design Solutions for Improving Website Quality and Effectiveness. USA: Information Science Reference.
Link to personal homepage
Modified Date: Jul 08, 2020