Dr Vicky HO is Assistant Professor at the School of Arts and Social Sciences. She is the Program Leader of Master of Creative and Cultural Industries Management. She received her Bachelor of Business Administration (First Class Honors) from The Chinese University of Hong Kong. She also earned her Master of Philosophy and PhD in Communication from the School of Journalism and Communication at The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Creative and Cultural Industries
- Creative Economy and Cultural Policy
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Media Writing
- Public Speaking
- Cultural Studies and Popular Culture
- Media and Religion
Academic & Professional Experience
Principal Investigator of RGC FDS project: "Creativity in popular music: A study of music-making practices in the busking scene and the YouTube scene" (Proeject ref no.: UGC/FDS16/H13/18).
- Ho, Vicky (2016). Chinese religions and popular music. In C. Patridge & M. Moberg (Eds.) The Bloomsbury Handbook of Religion and Popular Music (pp. 175-183). London, New York: Bloomsbury Academic.
- Ho, Vicky & Fung, Anthony (2016). Cultural policy, Chinese national identity and globalization. In T. Flew, P. Iosifidis, & J. Steemers (Eds.) Global Media and National Policies: The Return of the State (pp. 106-121). New York: Palgrave Macmillian.
- Fung, Anthony & Ho, Vicky (2016). Animation industry in China: Managed creativity or state discourse? In M. Keane (Ed.) Handbook of China’s Cultural Industries (pp. 276-292). Cheltenham, Glos, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Fung, Anthony & Ho, Vicky (2015). Game industries in Asia: Towards an Asian formation of game culture. In L. Hjorth & O. Khoo (Eds.) Routledge Handbook of New Media in Asia (pp. 377-390). Abingdon, Oxon, UK: Routledge.
- Ho, Vicky W. K. (2011). Protestant churches in the Stanley internment camp during Japanese occupation of Hong Kong (1941-1945). In Baptism by fire: The Chinese church during the Sino-Japanese war (1931-1945). Hong Kong: Alliance Bible Seminary. (In Chinese).
- Ho, Vicky W. K. (2013). Thirty years of Contemporary Christian Music in Hong Kong: Interactions and crossover acts between a religious music scene and the pop music scene. Journal of Creative Communications, 8(1), 65-75.
Modified Date: Nov 28, 2019