Dr Tak Yan Leung has published articles in a number of journals, including Academy of Management Journal, Accounting and Finance, International Review of Economics and Finance, Journal of Corporate Finance, Journal of Empirical Finance, Journal of Business Research, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, among others.
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Financial accounting
- Corporate governance
- Financial Planning and Wealth Management: An International Perspective, Louis, T. W. Cheng, T. Y. Leung and Y. H. Wong (McGraw Hill)
- Chapter 5: Exploring Hong Kong’s Role as a Strategic Partner for “Belt and Road Countries – Closing the Cultural Gap (L.W.Y. Lee, T.Y. Leung, and P. Sharma), in Belt and Road Initiative – Collaboration for Success (Springer)
- Chapter 9: Regulations Related to Financial Planning in Hong Kong and Hong Kong Taxation Laws, in Fundamentals of Financial Planning written by Louis Cheng (McGraw Hill)
- Chapter 19: Top Executive Pay in China in Research Handbook on Executive Pay (Edward Elgar Publishing)
- Sharma, P., L.T.W. Cheng, and T.Y. Leung, 2020, Impact of Political Connections on Chinese Export Firms’ Performance – Lessons for Other Emerging Markets, Journal of Business Research 106, 24-34, Available online at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2019.08.037.
- Leung T.Y., J. Wong, C.Y.J. Liu, 2019, The Impact of Tax-related Incentives on Innovation: Evidence from China, Asia-Pacific Journal of Taxation 23(2), 51-61.
- Fung, M.K., L.T.W. Cheng, and T.Y. Leung, 2019, The Signaling Cost of Hiring a Large Auditor: Evidence from the Fee Differential between Large and Small Auditors, International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance, 12 (3), 196-211.
- Adithipyangkul, P. and T.Y. Leung, 2019, Gender Diversity, Institutional Factors, and CEO Compensation in China, The Chinese Economy 52 (1), 24-40.
- Adithipyangkul, P. and T.Y. Leung, 2018, Incentive Pay for Non-executive Directors: The Direct and Interaction Effects on Firm Performance, Asia-Pacific Journal of Management 35, 943-964.
- Cheng, L.T.W., R. Chan, and T.Y. Leung, 2018, Impact of Perk Expenditures and Marketing Expenditure on Corporate Performance in China: The Moderating Role of Political Connections, Journal of Business Research 86, 83-95.
- Brockman, P., L.T.W. Cheng, and T.Y. Leung, 2016, The Impacts of Foreign Strategic and Corporate Investors on H-share IPO Performance, Asia-Pacific Journal of Financial Studies 45 (6), 886-915.
- Cheng, L.T.W. and T.Y. Leung, 2016, Government Protection, Political Connection and Management Turnover in China, International Review of Economics and Finance 45, 160-176.
- Adithipyangkul, P. and T.Y. Leung, 2016, Large Shareholders and Independent Director Equity Compensation, Australian Accounting Review 26 (2), 208-221.
- Cumming, D., T.Y. Leung, O.M. Rui, 2015, Gender Diversity and Securities Fraud, Academy of Management Journal 58 (5), 1572-1593.
- Firth, M., T.Y. Leung, O. M. Rui and C. Na, 2015, Relative Pay and its Effects on Firm Efficiency in a Transitional Economy, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 110, 59-77.
- Cheng, L.T.W., T.Y. Leung and W. Yu, 2014, Information Arrival, Changes in R-square and Pricing Asymmetry of Corporate News, International Review of Economics and Finance 33, 67-81.
- Cheng, L.T.W. and T.Y. Leung, 2013, Reprimanding Sanction, Management Demography and Turnover, International Review of Accounting, Banking and Finance 5, Issue 2, 3-34.
- Cheng, L.T.W. and T.Y. Leung, 2012 The Effects of Management Demography on Auditor Choice and Earnings Quality: Evidence from China, Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies 15 (2), 1-37.
- Gul, F. A., L. T. W. Cheng and T. Y. Leung, 2011, Perks and the Informativeness of Stock Prices in the Chinese Market, Journal of Corporate Finance 17, 1410-1429.
- Chan, R. Y. K., L. T. W., Cheng and T. Y. Leung, 2011, Corporate Performance Implications of Relational Demographic Differences: On Age and Titles of Chairpersons vs. General Managers of Listed Chinese Companies, British Journal of Management 22, Issue 1, 96-113.
- Firth, M., T. Y. Leung and O. M. Rui, 2010, Double Signals or Single Signal? An Investigation of Insider Trading Around Share Repurchases, Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money 20 (4), 376-388.
- Firth, M., T. Y. Leung and O. M. Rui, 2010, Justifying Top Management Pay in a Transitional Economy, Journal of Empirical Finance 17, 852-866.
- Cheng, L. T. W., R. Chan and T. Y. Leung, 2010, Management Demography and Corporate Performance: Evidence from China, International Business Review 19, Issue 3, 261-275.
- Cheng, L. T. W., H. G. Fung and T. Y. Leung, 2009, Dividend Preference of Tradable-share and Non-tradable-share Holders in Mainland China, Accounting and Finance 49 (2), 291-316.
- Cheng, L. T. W. and T. Y. Leung, 2008, Is There Information Content from Insider Trading Activities Preceding Earnings and Dividend Announcements in Hong Kong?, Accounting and Finance 48 (3), 417-438.
- Cheng, L. T. W., H. G. Fung, T. Y. Leung, 2007, Information Effects of Dividends: Evidence from the Hong Kong Market, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting 28, Issue 1, 23-54.
- Cheng, L. T. W., M., Firth, T. Y. Leung and O. Rui, 2006, The Effects of Insider Trading on Liquidity, Pacific-Basin Finance Journal 14, Issue 5, 467-483.
- Cheng, L. T. W. and T. Y. Leung, 2006, Revisiting the Corroboration Effects of Earnings and Dividend Announcements, Accounting and Finance 46, 221-241.
Selected Professional & Community Services
- External Examiner
- Editorial Board Member
Modified Date: Sep 01, 2020