Dr. Tess Pak completed her doctoral degree in psychology at the University of Hong Kong and was the recipient of Erik Kvan postgraduate scholarship (2005-6).
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Teaching Areas: Personality psychology, social psychology, consumer psychology, industrial-organizational psychology, psychological testing and assessment
- Research Interests: Person perception, organizational behavior, psychological measurement
- Lam, S., Pak, S. T., & Ma, W. Y. K. (2007). Motivating instructional contexts. In Zelick, P. R. (Ed.), Issues in psychology of motivation (pp.119-136). New York: Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
- Hui, C. H., Pak, S. T., Kwan, A., & Chao, A. A. (2012). Attributional style and engagement/disengagement responses in the Chinese workforce. Applied Psychology, 61, 204-226.
- Hui, C. H., Lau, F. L. Y., Tsang, K. & Pak, S. T. (2011). The impact of post-apology behavioral consistency on victim’s forgiveness intention: A study of trust violation among coworkers. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 41, 1214-1236.
- Tam, K. P., Pak, S. T., Hui, C. H., Kwan, A., & Goh, M. (2010). Implicit person theories and changes in teacher evaluation: A longitudinal field study. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 40, 273-286.
- Hui, C. H., Pak, S. T. & Cheng, K. H. C. (2009). Validation studies on a measure of overall managerial readiness for the Chinese. International Journal of Selection and Assessment, 17, 127-141.
Selected Professional & Community Services
- Executive Committee Member (2014-15), the Division of Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Hong Kong Psychological Society
- Item moderator for the civil service aptitude tests since 2009
Modified Date: Feb 25, 2019