Eden received his BSS from the Chinese University of Hong Kong, PC in Education from the University of Hong Kong, PGDE and MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages from University of Canberra, MA in Translation and Interpreting and PhD in Linguistics from Macquarie University. Eden is now Assistant Professor (English Linguistics and Applied Linguistics) in the School of Arts and Social Sciences at the Open University of Hong Kong. Before he joined OUHK, Eden has taught in the Department of Linguistics at Macquarie University and in the Faculty of Education at the University of Hong Kong. Eden’s research interests lie primarily in Systemic Functional Linguistics, Sociolinguistics, Discourse Analysis, and Political Discourse Analysis.
- Li, E.S.H. & Chor, W.O.W. (Forthcoming). A Systemic Functional Grammar of Cantonese: From Clausal Grammar to Discourse Semantics. London: Routledge.
- Li, E.S.H., Lui, P., Li, J. & Fung, A. (Sept 2019). Systemic Functional Political Discourse Analysis: A Text-based Study. London: Routledge. xi + 500 pages.
- Li, E.S.H. (2015). Language, Society and Culture in Hong Kong. Hong Kong: OUHK Press. x + 407 pages
- Li, E.S.H. & Mahboob, A. (2012). English Today: Forms, Functions and Uses. Hong Kong: Pearson. xii + 467 pages.
- Green, C., Han, Y. & Li, E.S.H. (2009). Analysing and Applying English Grammar. Hong Kong: The Open University Press. xv + 256 pages.
- Li, E.S.H. (2007). A Systemic Functional Grammar of Chinese. London: Continuum International Publishing Group. xi + 279 pages.
View a full profile
Modified Date: Jul 05, 2019