> Professor Philips WANG Fu-lee 王富利教授
Prof. Philips WANG obtained his Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering and Master of Philosophy in Computer Science and Information Systems from The University of Hong Kong, Master of Business Administration from Imperial College London, Master of Science in Mathematics (Financial Mathematics and Statistics) from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Master of Corporate Governance from The Open University of Hong Kong and a Doctor of Philosophy in Systems Engineering and Engineering Management from The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Prof. WANG started his academic career in City University of Hong Kong, and has worked as Vice-President in the Caritas Institute of Higher Education and Caritas Bianchi College of Careers since 2012. He has emerged as a seasoned academic administrator with excellent track record and exposure in teaching, programme development and administration at both University Grants Committee funded and self-financing institutions. Apart from his academic experiences, he has widely engaged in research and extensively published in leading journals. Prof. WANG has served as a principal investigator/project leader for more than twenty grants including four grants awarded by the Research Grants Council. He has published over one hundred and fifty articles in refereed journals and conference proceedings, including Decision Support Systems, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, IEEE Intelligent Systems, IEEE Multimedia, IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing, Information & Management, Information Processing & Management, Information Sciences, Neurocomputing, and Optics and Lasers in Engineering among others. He was also the Chair of ACM Hong Kong Chapter and IEEE Hong Kong Section Computer Society.
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Computer Graphics
- Educational Technology
- Information Management
- Information Retrieval
- Machine Learning
Academic & Professional Experience
- PI, “Online Topic Modeling with Applications to Fine-grained Sentiment Analysis”, RGC FDS (UGC/FDS16/E01/19, $1,605,450), 2019.
- Co-I, “Multimedia annotations for vocabulary acquisition: modes, modalities, application, effects and pedagogical implications”, SCOLAR (EDB(LE)/P&R/EL/175/2, $774,430), 2018.
- Co-I, “Impact of XBRL on market efficiency: Evidence from an emerging market”, RGC FDS (UGC/FDS11/B02/17, $603,850), 2017.
- PI, “Sentiment Analysis based on Multi-source Social Network Data”, RGC FDS (UGC/FDS11/E03/16, $789,000), 2016.
- Co-I & PI, “Structural Modeling, Characterization and Analysis of New Receptor-Ligand Systems: Applying Computational Methods in Molecular Binding Affinity Analysis”, RGC FDS (UGC/FDS11/E04/16, $1,147,621), 2016.
- PI, “Context-aware learner profiling for e-learning system: classization, groupization and personalization”, RGC FDS (UGC/FDS11/E06/14, $1,124,125), 2014.
- PI, “Detection of Cross-Lingual Plagiarism based on Latent Semantic Analysis”, RGC GRF (121308, $274,432), 2008.
- PI, “Multi-Objective Clustering for Multiple Document”, CityU (7200078, $100,000), 2006.
- PI, “Industrial Attachment Project for Science and Technology Students”, QESS (IA02/QESS/2020, $9,304,000), 2020.
- PI, “STEAM Centre with an Open Resources Environment”, HKJC (2018/CP01, $37,730,000), 2018.
- PI, “Whole College Approach Industrial Attachment Programme”, QESS (IA01/QESS/2017, $1,297,900), 2017.
- PI, “Development of industry-aligned programme to support internship”, QESS (IA01/QESS/2016, $1,791,500), 2016.
- Co-I, “Establishment of Resource and Support Centre for Carers”. HKJC (2006/0031, $99,240,000), 2016.
- Co-I, “Joint-Institution Network for Student Success (JINESS)”, QESS (T01/QESS/2016, $20,418,243), 2016.
- PI, “An integrated approach for whole-person development”, QESS (01/QESS/2015, $1,395,000), 2015.
- Co-I, “Establishment of Healthcare Research Centre”, RGC IDS (UGC/IDS11/15, $7,900,000), 2015.
- Co-I, “Mobile learning: Innovative research topics and applications”, RGC IIDS (UGC/IIDS16/H02/15, $443,587), 2015.
- Co-I, “Development of Effective Pedagogical Practices and a Cross-institutional Online Sharing Platform for Hong Kong’s Vocational Education and Training (VET)”, QESS (T02/QESS/2015, $ 20,956,580), 2015.
- PI, “Establishment of Research Office”, RGC IDS (UGC/IDS11/14, $7,000,000), 2014.
- Co-I, “Research Capability Enhancement Programme (1) for the Self-financing Degree Sector of Hong Kong”, RGC IIDS (UGC/IIDS16/H01/14, $425,500), 2014.
- PI, “Comprehensive Career Development Programme”, QESS (01/QESS/2013, $1,849,080), 2013.
- Co-I, “Collection Sharing and Information Discovery System with Enriched Digital Content”, QESS (T01/QESS/2013, $50,772,660), 2013.
- PI, “Placement Programme to Support Holistic Education”, QEGS (01/QEGS/2011, $1,947,000), 2012.
- PI, “Business Technology Centre: An Initiative to Enhance Education in Business and Information Technology”, QEGS (QEGS 04/QEGS/09-10, $1,544,000), 2010.
- Co-PI, “Social Communication Network and Multimedia Lab for Excellence in Teaching and Learning”, QEGS (QEGS 01/QEGS/09-10, $1,888,000), 2010.
- PI, “Pedagogy and Curriculum Design for Blended Teaching and Learning of Object-Oriented Programming”, UGC TDG (CityU-6000144, $75,000), 2007.
- FL Wang, J Fong, R Kwan (Eds.) (2009). Handbook of Research on Hybrid Learning Models: Advanced Tools, Technologies and Applications. Hershey, PA: Information Science Reference.
- J Fong, FL Wang (Eds.) (2007). Blended Learning New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- FL Wang, CC Yang (2009). Extracting the Essence: Automatic Text Summarization. In YL Theng, St Foo, D Goh, JC Na (Eds.) Handbook of Research on Digital Libraries (pp. 113-121). Hershey, PA: Information Science Reference.
- CC Yang, FL Wang (2006). Information Delivery for Mobile Business: Architecture for Accessing Large Documents through Mobile Devices. In B Unhelkar (Ed.), Handbook of Research in Mobile Business: Technical, Methodological and Social Perspectives (pp. 247-266). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Z Pan, J Lei, Y Zhang, FL Wang (2018). Adaptive Fractional-Pixel Motion Estimation Skipped Algorithm for Efficient HEVC Motion Estimation, ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications, and Applications. 14(1), Article 12.
- M Wei, FL Wang, J Qin, X Guo, H Wu, H Xie, J Wang (2018). Learning-based 3D Surface Optimization from Patient-specific Medical Image Reconstruction, Optics and Lasers in Engineering, 103, 110-118.
- X Li, Y Rao, H Xie, R Lau, J Yin, FL Wang (2017). Bootstrapping Social Emotion Classification with Semantically Rich Hybrid Neural Networks, IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing, 8(4):428-442.
- J Wang, C He, Y Liu, G Tian, I Peng, J Xing, X Ruan, H Xie, FL Wang (2017). Efficient Alarm Behavior Analytics for Telecom Networks, Information Sciences. 402:1-14.
- C Liu, X Luo, FL Wang (2017). An Empirical Investigation on the Impact of XBRL Adoption on Information Asymmetry: Evidence from Europe. Decision Support Systems, 93:42-50.
- H Xie, FL Wang, X Mao, K Li, Q Li, H Wang (2017). Recent Advances in Semantic Computing and Personalization. Neurocomputing. 254: 1-2.
- Y Rao, H Xie, J Li, F Jun, FL Wang, Q Li (2016). Social Emotion Classification of Short Text via Top-level Maximum Entropy Model. Information & Management, 53(8):978-986.
- H Xie, D Zou, RYK Lau, FL Wang, TL Wong (2016). Generating Incidental Word Learning Tasks via Topic-based and Load-based Profiles. IEEE Multimedia, 23(1):60-70.
- H Xie, X Li, T Wang, RYK Lau, TL Wong, L Chen, FL Wang, Q Li (2016). Incorporating sentiment into tag-based user profiles and resource profiles for personalized search in folksonomy. Information Processing & Management, 52(1):61-72.
- X Li, H Xie, Y Song, S Zhu, Q Li, FL Wang (2015). Does Summarization Help Stock Prediction? News Impact Analysis via Summarization. IEEE Intelligent Systems, 30(3):26-34.
- FL Wang, CC Yang (2006). The Impact Analysis of Language Differences on Automatic Multilingual Text Summarization System. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 85(5):684-696.
Selected Professional & Community Services
- Executive Committee, IEEE Hong Kong Section Computer Society
- Executive Committee, Hong Kong Society for Multimedia and Image Computing
- Chair, IEEE Hong Kong Section Computer Society, 2014-2015
- Chair, ACM Hong Kong Chapter, 2010-2011
Modified Date: Mar 19, 2022