Prof. Wang Fu Lee Philips 王富利教授
BEng (Hons) HKU, MBA Imperial College London, MSc HKUST
MCG OUHK, MPhil HKU, PhD CUHK, FBCS, FCIS, FCS, FCPA (Aust.), SMIEEE, SMACM
School of Science and Technology
Prof. WANG obtained his Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering and Master of Philosophy in Computer Science and Information Systems from The University of Hong Kong, Master of Business Administration from Imperial College London, Master of Science in Mathematics (Financial Mathematics and Statistics) from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Master of Corporate Governance from The Open University of Hong Kong and a Doctor of Philosophy in Systems Engineering and Engineering Management from The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Prof. WANG started his academic career in City University of Hong Kong, and has worked as Vice-President in the Caritas Institute of Higher Education and Caritas Bianchi College of Careers since 2012. He has emerged as a seasoned academic administrator with excellent track record and exposure in teaching, programme development and administration at both University Grants Committee funded and self-financing institutions. Apart from his academic experiences, he has widely engaged in research and extensively published in leading journals. Prof. WANG has served as a principal investigator/project leader for more than twenty grants including four grants awarded by the Research Grants Council. He has published over one hundred and fifty articles in refereed journals and conference proceedings, including Decision Support Systems, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, IEEE Intelligent Systems, IEEE Multimedia, IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing, Information & Management, Information Processing & Management, Information Sciences, Neurocomputing, and Optics and Lasers in Engineering among others. He was also the Chair of ACM Hong Kong Chapter and IEEE Hong Kong Section Computer Society.
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Educational Technology
- Information Management
- Information Retrieval
- FL Wang, J Fong, R Kwan (Eds.) (2009). Handbook of Research on Hybrid Learning Models: Advanced Tools, Technologies and Applications. Hershey, PA: Information Science Reference.
- J Fong, FL Wang (Eds.) (2007). Blended Learning New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- FL Wang, CC Yang (2009). Extracting the Essence: Automatic Text Summarization. In YL Theng, St Foo, D Goh, JC Na (Eds.) Handbook of Research on Digital Libraries (pp. 113-121). Hershey, PA: Information Science Reference.
- CC Yang, FL Wang (2006). Information Delivery for Mobile Business: Architecture for Accessing Large Documents through Mobile Devices. In B Unhelkar (Ed.), Handbook of Research in Mobile Business: Technical, Methodological and Social Perspectives (pp. 247-266). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Z Pan, J Lei, Y Zhang, FL Wang (2018). Adaptive Fractional-Pixel Motion Estimation Skipped Algorithm for Efficient HEVC Motion Estimation, ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications, and Applications. 14(1), Article 12.
- M Wei, FL Wang, J Qin, X Guo, H Wu, H Xie, J Wang (2018). Learning-based 3D Surface Optimization from Patient-specific Medical Image Reconstruction, Optics and Lasers in Engineering, 103, 110-118.
- X Li, Y Rao, H Xie, R Lau, J Yin, FL Wang (2017). Bootstrapping Social Emotion Classification with Semantically Rich Hybrid Neural Networks, IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing, 8(4):428-442.
- J Wang, C He, Y Liu, G Tian, I Peng, J Xing, X Ruan, H Xie, FL Wang (2017). Efficient Alarm Behavior Analytics for Telecom Networks, Information Sciences. 402:1-14.
- C Liu, X Luo, FL Wang (2017). An Empirical Investigation on the Impact of XBRL Adoption on Information Asymmetry: Evidence from Europe. Decision Support Systems, 93:42-50.
- H Xie, FL Wang, X Mao, K Li, Q Li, H Wang (2017). Recent Advances in Semantic Computing and Personalization. Neurocomputing. 254: 1-2.
- Y Rao, H Xie, J Li, F Jun, FL Wang, Q Li (2016). Social Emotion Classification of Short Text via Top-level Maximum Entropy Model. Information & Management, 53(8):978-986.
- H Xie, D Zou, RYK Lau, FL Wang, TL Wong (2016). Generating Incidental Word Learning Tasks via Topic-based and Load-based Profiles. IEEE Multimedia, 23(1):60-70.
- H Xie, X Li, T Wang, RYK Lau, TL Wong, L Chen, FL Wang, Q Li (2016). Incorporating sentiment into tag-based user profiles and resource profiles for personalized search in folksonomy. Information Processing & Management, 52(1):61-72.
- X Li, H Xie, Y Song, S Zhu, Q Li, FL Wang (2015). Does Summarization Help Stock Prediction? News Impact Analysis via Summarization. IEEE Intelligent Systems, 30(3):26-34.
- FL Wang, CC Yang (2006). The Impact Analysis of Language Differences on Automatic Multilingual Text Summarization System. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 85(5):684-696.
Selected Professional & Community Services
- Executive Committee, IEEE Hong Kong Section Computer Society
- Executive Committee, Hong Kong Society for Multimedia and Image Computing
- Chair, IEEE Hong Kong Section Computer Society, 2014-2015
- Chair, ACM Hong Kong Chapter, 2010-2011
Link to Google Scholar page
Modified Date: Dec 05, 2019