Dr. Pamela Lam received her Bachelor of Commerce (majoring in Marketing) and Master of Arts in Economics from Concordia University in Canada. She further obtained her Doctor of Philosophy in Business and Management from the University of South Australia. She currently holds professional membership of The Chartered Institute of Marketing from the UK.
Dr. Lam joined this University as Programme Director (LiPACE) in May 2013 and has been appointed as Assistant Director (LiPACE) since July 2016. Dr Lam has been working in the continuing education sector since 2000. Prior to that, she worked in commercial sector and gained substantial management and marketing experience in several listed multinational organizations relating to movie distribution & home entertainment in both Hong Kong and China markets. Dr. Lam’s teaching and research interests include strategic management and leadership, consumer behaviors, marketing and e-Learning. She has published articles and papers in local newspapers, academic conferences and journals.
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Strategic Management and Leadership
- Continuing Education
Academic & Professional Experience
| 2018+ || Member, Panel of Advisors on Film Censorship for the HKSAR |
| 2015+ || Advisory Member, Investment Education Centre (IEC) - Financial Education for Tertiary Students |
| 2014+ || Honorary Advisor, Employees Retraining Board's (ERB) Manpower Developer Award Scheme |
| 2013+ || Vice-Chairman, Advisory Committee for Registration for Non Self-Accrediting Institutes Under CEF |
| 2013-14 || Member, Working group on Image Building for Federation for Self-financing Tertiary Education (FSTE) |
| 2011+ || MCIM, The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) |
| || |
- Cheung, R., & Lam, P. (2009). How Travel Agency Survive in e-Business World? Communications of the IBIMA, 10, 85-92.
- Lam, P., & Bordia, S. (2008). Factors Affecting Student Choice of E-learning Over Traditional Learning: Student and Teacher Perspectives. The International Journal of Learning, 14(12), 131-139.
- Cheung, R., & Lam, P. (2008). New Developments in E-Learning through Multi-Institutional Collaborations - A Case Study of the HKCyberU. In Chan, M., Cheung, R., & Liu, J. (Eds.), Challenges in Information Technology Management, World Scientific, 175-181.
- Lam, P., & Bordia, S. (2008). Factors Affecting Student Choice of E-learning Over Traditional Learning: Student and Teacher Perspectives. In the E-Learning Symposium, 9 – 11 December 2007, Melbourne, Australia.
- Cheung, R., & Lam, P. (2008). How Travel Agency Survive in e-Business World? In the 11th International Business Information Management Conference - Innovation and Knowledge Management in Twin Track Economies: Challenges & Solution, 4-6 January 2009, Cairo, Egypt.
- Cheung, R., & Lam, P. (2007). New Developments in E-Learning through Multi-Institutional Collaborations - A Case Study of the HKCyberU. In the 1st International Conference on Information Technology and Management - Best Practices on Development, Service and Education, 3-5 January 2007, Hong Kong.
Modified Date: Feb 25, 2019