Dr. Farid is currently a Lecturer in the School of Science and Technology, Open University of Hong Kong. He received his Masters degree from Beijing Normal University, China in 2016 and PhD degree from City University of Hong Kong in 2019. Prior to joining SST, OUHK, he was worked as a Postdoctoral fellow in the Water and Membrane Technologies Laboratory at City University of Hong Kong.
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Membrane Separation Processes
- Water Desalination and Wastewater Treatment
- Water Sanitation Health and Development
- Environmental Pollution and Control
Academic & Professional Experience
Sept 2019-April 2020: Postdoctoral Fellow
School of Energy and Environment
City University of Hong Kong
- Jehad A. K., Farid, M.U., , David, V.E., Gao, Y, and An, A. K (2019). Hybrid configurations of membrane distillation: Memsys Vacuum multi-effect membrane distillation (V-MEMD). Nova Science Publishers
- Kharraz. A. J., Farid. M. U., Khanzada, N. K., Deka. J. B., An, A. K. (2020) Macro-Corrugated and Nano-Patterned Hierarchically Structured Superomniphobic Membrane for Direct Contact Membrane Distillation of Low Surface Tension Oily Wastewater. Water Research
- Khanzada. N. K, Farid, M. U., J. Choi. J, Kharraz. J, Tang. C, Nghiem. L.D, Jang. Am, and An, A. K. (2020). Removal of organic micropollutants using advanced membrane-based water and wastewater treatment: A review. Journal of Membrane Science.
- Farid, M. U., Khanzada, N, K., & An, A. K. (2019). Understanding fouling dynamics on functionalized CNT-based membranes: Mechanisms and reversibility. Desalination.
- Farid, M. U., Jeong, S., Seo, D. H., Ahmed, R., Lau, C., Gali, N. K., ... & An, A. K. (2018). Mechanistic insight into the in vitro toxicity of graphene oxide against biofilm forming bacteria using laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy. Nanoscale.
- Farid, M. U., Guo, J., & An, A. K. (2018). Bacterial inactivation and in situ monitoring of biofilm development on graphene oxide membrane using optical coherence tomography. Journal of Membrane Science.
- Farid, M. U., Luan, H. Y., Wang, Y., Huang, H., An, A. K., & Khan, R. J. (2018). Increased adsorption of aqueous zinc species by Ar/O2 plasma-treated carbon nanotubes immobilized in hollow-fiber ultrafiltration membrane. Chemical Engineering Journal.
- Guo, J., Farid, M. U., Lee, E. J., Yan, D. Y. S., Jeong, S., & An, A. K. (2018). Fouling behavior of negatively charged PVDF membrane in membrane distillation for removal of antibiotics from wastewater. Journal of Membrane Science.
- Ali, S., Rehman, S. A. U., Shah. I. A., Farid, M. U., & Huang, H. (2018). Efficient removal of zinc from synthetic solution and real wastewater effluents by functional carbon nanotube membranes: Behaviors and mechanisms of dynamic filtration. Journal of Hazardous Materials.
- Ali, S., Rehman, S. A. U., Luan, H. Y., Farid, M. U., & Huang, H. (2018). Challenges and opportunities in functional carbon nanotubes for membrane-based water treatment and desalination. Science of the Total Environment.
- Wu, J., An, A. K., Guo, J., Lee, E. J., Farid, M. U., & Jeong, S. (2017). CNTs reinforced super-hydrophobic-oleophilic electrospun polystyrene oil sorbent for enhanced sorption capacity and reusability. Chemical Engineering Journal.
- Wang, Y., Wei, X., Zhang, R., Wu, Y., Farid, M. U., & Huang, H. (2017). Comparison of chemical, ultrasonic and thermal regeneration of carbon nanotubes for acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and triclosan adsorption. RSC Advances.
Selected Professional & Community Services
Link to Google Scholar page
Modified Date: May 11, 2020