Prof. Tiu Mei Ha Mimi 刁美霞教授
BSc (Nursing) McGill University, MBA (Health Care Management) Columbia Southern University, DHSc The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Department Head cum Professor
School of Nursing and Health Studies
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Nursing management
- Qualitative studies
- Gerontological care
- Tiu, M.M.H., Wong, W.W.C., Ng, K.C.Y. (2016). Perceived burden and coping strategies employed by parental caregiver of individual with moderate grade mental retardation: a qualitative study. International Journal of Qualitative Methods. Jan-Dec, 13.
- Wong, W. C., C. W. Tam & Tiu, M.M.H. (2015). The influences of extra-curricular activities on the development of competence among undergraduate nursing students in Hong Kong. Journal of Nursing and Care,4, 5. doi: 10.4172/2167-1168.C1.014
- Lee. L. Y. K., Tiu, M. M. H., Charm, C. Y. C., & Wong, K. F. (2015). An observational study on work interruptions during medication administration in residential care homes for older people. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 24 (21-22), pp.3336-3339 (IF: 1.255)
- Wong, M.Y.Y., Lee, L.Y.K., Tiu, M.M.H. (2014). An exploratory study on Tai Chi learning experience in nursing home residents. International Journal of Human Caring, 18(3), 122.
- Tiu, M.M. H., Charm, C. Y.C., Wong, K.F., Yeung, C.Y.C. (2014). Qualities of a good clinical tutor: the nursing students’ perspectives in Hong Kong. International Journal of Human Caring, 18(3), 117.
- Tiu, M.M.H.; Lo, C.K.Y.; Yuen S.H; Au H.C.; Ho E.S.L.; Chan, P.W.; Leung S.P.; Ng K.P.; Tsui M.C.; Yim W.C.; Yuen S.H.; Mok K.M.; Lee, T.Y. (2014). How do Chinese male in Hong Kong perceive colonoscopy? International Journal of Nursing, 1(2), pp.23-38.
Selected Professional & Community Services
- Co-opted member of the Accreditation Committee, Nursing Council of Hong Kong
Modified Date: Feb 25, 2019