Dr. Choi is a senior instructional designer at the Open University of Hong Kong, specializing in instructional design, online and distance learning, multimedia development, and educational technologies. He received his initial teacher training at the Grantham College of Education, and subsequently obtained B.Ed (TEFL) in Stirling University, MA (Christian studies) and M.Phil (Education) in CUHK, and Ed.D in Durham University. Before joining the OUHK, he had served as a secondary school teacher for 10 years, and taught B.Ed courses in the Open Learning Institute of HK and Baptist University.
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Open and Distance Education
- Instructional Design
- Educational Technologies
- Computer-mediated Communication
- 蔡明輝編譯（1997） 「評估：學習的絆腳石還是踏腳石？」，《遙距學習技巧》編譯組編，《遙距學習技巧》，香港：香港公開大學。
- Tsang, Y.M., Choi, M.F., Tam, K.C. (2002) “Students’ participation in computer- mediated communication: a preliminary study at the OUHK”, in D. Murphy, N. Shin, & W. Y. Zhang (eds.) Advancing Online Learning in Asia. Hong Kong: Open University of Hong Kong Press.
- Choi, M.F. and Tsang, Y.M. (2015) “Students’ satisfaction and perceived attainment in the use of an online discussion forum: A follow-up study in OUHK”, in Kam Cheong Li & Kin Sun Yuen (eds.) Studies and Practices for Advancement in Open and Distance Education. Hong Kong: Open University of Hong Kong Press.
- Tsang, Y.M. and Choi, M.F. (2015) “Transformation of conventional distance learning courses to blended learning courses: Use of multimedia and ID strategies”, in Kam Cheong Li & Kin Sun Yuen (eds.) Studies and Practices for Advancement in Open and Distance Education. Hong Kong: Open University of Hong Kong Press.
- 梁子沖、曾婉媚、蔡明輝（2001） 「一個以初學者為對象的中文網上學習系統」，《江蘇廣播電視大學學報》，第十二卷，第二期，頁31-35。
- Tsang, Y.M., Lo, W.W., Tam, K.C, Choi, M.F., Chu, C.F., Leung, P.S. (2003) “Factors affecting students’ perception to Chinese Online Learning Environment” Global E-Journal for Open, Flexible and Distance Education. 3 (1).
Modified Date: Sep 26, 2017