Kevin’s career has been woven from a combination of experiences as an English teacher, tour escort, entrepreneur, corporate trainer, textbook writer and researcher in Hong Kong. He earned his Master of Studies in Sustainability Leadership from the University of Cambridge in England, his Master of Social Science in Corporate Communication from the Chinese University of Hong Kong and his BA in Teaching English as a Second Language from the City University of Hong Kong. He also received teachers' training at the University of Hong Kong.
Kevin's work experience spans across the areas of education, tourism, healthcare, insurance, retail and corporate training. He is a co-founder of a social enterprise which aims to provide quality allied healthcare services for the financially challenged. Prior to his service at OUHK, he has taught a wide range of EAP, ESP and communication courses at various universities in Hong Kong.
Kevin is an Associate Fellow of the Hong Kong College of Health Services Executives (HKCHSE) and a Fellow of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures & Commerce (RSA) and the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH).
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- English for Specific Purposes & Corporate Communication
- Sustainable Consumption
- Chu, K W K , Ryas, R & Ng, C K F (2011) New Wisdom English for Careers: Listening and Speaking Course 1. PRC: World Publishing Corporation.
- Ryas, R, Ng, C K F & Chu, K W K (2011) New Wisdom English for Careers: Comprehensive Course 1. PRC: World Publishing Corporation.
- Ng, C K F , Ryas, R & Chu, K W K (2011) New Wisdom English for Careers: Comprehensive Course 2. PRC: World Publishing Corporation.
- Ouyang, H & Chu, K W K (2005) Writing English of International Business Communications. PRC: ChongQing University Press.
- Chu, K W K & Cheung, L W L (2018). 'Time to Shine: Entrepreneurial Projects as the Finale of BBA Programmes'. In Remenyi, D. (Ed.), 4th Teaching Innovation & Entrepreneurship Excellence Awards 2018: An Anthology of Case Histories, 29-40, Reading, UK: Academic Conferences & Publishing International.
- Chu, K W K & Cheung, L W L (2018) 'Incorporating sustainability in small healthcare facilities: An integrated model'. Leadership in Health Services. 31 (4): 441-451. https://doi.org/10.1108/LHS-07-2017-0043
- Chu, K W K & Cheung, L W L (2017) 'Barriers to sustainable practices of small healthcare facilities: A case study of a physiotherapy centre in Hong Kong'. Sustainability: The Journal of Record, 10 (6): 352-358. https://doi.org/10.1089/sus.2017.0017
- Chu, K W K (2000) ‘Promoting reflective practice among in-service teachers: Chat-in-private as an alternative’, Teaching English in China, Volume 37.
- Chu, K W K (1998) ‘Help students help themselves’, Modern English Teacher, 7(4): 36-37.
Selected Professional & Community Services
- Reviewer, Evaluation and Program Planning
- Reviewer, International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance
- Reviewer, Sustainability: The Journal of Record
- Member, Annual Conference Proceedings Editorial Board, Association for Business Communication (2015 - present)
- Liaison to Hong Kong, Higher Education Teaching & Learning Association (HETL) (2014 - present)
- Member, Board of Directors, Holistic Alliance Social Enterprise Limited
Modified Date: Nov 30, 2019