Dr Karen Wong Ho Yan is an Assistant Professor in Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration. She graduated from University of Exeter, United Kingdom and received her Doctor of Philosophy in Finance from the Baptist University of Hong Kong. Prior to joining the OUHK, she worked at industry and was a part-time assistant professor at University of Macau. Karen is active in research and build the research collaboration with international scholars.
Also, Karen is the programme leader of local full-time and distance-learning programmes. She manages the corresponding programmes for undergraduates and postgraduates.
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Mutual Fund
- Market Microstructure
- Energy Market
Academic & Professional Experience
- Shum, W.C. and Wong, K.H.Y. (2009) “The Predictability of REITs Returns: Evidence from Japan”, Journal of Asian Business Studies, Vol. 4, No. 1, 33-38.
- Wong, K.H.Y. and Tang, G.Y.N. (2010) “A Note on the Intraday and Intraweek Patterns in Premiums of Exchange-Traded Funds: Evidence from Hong Kong”, Applied Economics Letter, Vol. 17, No. 8, 753-760.
- Wong, K.H.Y. and Shum, W.C. (2010) “Exchange-traded Funds in Bullish and Bearish Markets”, Applied Economics Letter, Vol. 17, No. 16, 1615-1624.
- Wong, K.H.Y. (2011) “Stock Market, Gold and Contagion: Evidence from the Subprime Crisis”, Emerging Financial Markets, Vol. 2, No. 1, 47-62.
- Chen, T., Wong, K.H.Y., Susai, M. (2016) “Active Management and Price Efficiency of Exchange-traded Funds”, Prague Economic Papers, Vol. 25, No. 1, 3-18.
Selected Professional & Community Services
- Ad hoc referee for International Review of Financial Analysis, The European Journal of Finance and Advances in Economics and Business
- Selected Media Coverage, including Hong Kong Economic Journal (30/06/2016 and 04/06/2015), Financial Magazine, TVB (04/12/2016)
- Visiting scholar at Faculty of Economics, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki, Japan, August 2017 and 2018.
Modified Date: Nov 30, 2019