Dr. Kevin Hung is Assistant Professor and Programme Leader of Electronic and Computer Engineering at the School of Science and Technology, The Open University of Hong Kong (OUHK). He has been the principal investigator of school and government-funded projects on telehealth, mobile health, and exergaming system. Before joining OUHK, Dr. Hung had been Assistant Project Manager at the Joint Research Centre for Biomedical Engineering at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) and Electronic Engineer at a medical device company. Dr. Hung received his B.Sc. from Queen’s University, and his M.Phil. and Ph.D. from CUHK. His research interests are biosignal processing, biosystem modelling, mobile health and wearable sensors. He is a founding officer of the IEEE-EMBS Hong Kong Chapter, and has been serving as the founding Counsellor of the IEEE OUHK Student Branch.
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Biomedical Engineering, Telehealth, Medical Device, Biosignal Processing, Eye-tracking, Biological System Modeling, Signal Processing, Engineering Education
Academic & Professional Experience
- PI of government-funded and university-funded projects in biomedical engineering
- Engineer in medical device company
- Teaching in IVE
- Managed government-funded R&D projects
- Experience with launching novel medial / healthcare products
- K.Y. Angus Wong, K.F. Kevin Hung, K.L. Eddie Law, Eds., Smart Cities, Smart System and Smart Environment Awareness, Environmental Publication House Hong Kong. Hong Kong, 2017.
- C.C.Y. Poon and K. Hung, “Mobile Health (m-Health): Intelligent Closed-Loop Solutions for Personalised Healthcare,” in The Handbook of Electronic Medicine, Electronic Health, Telemedicine, Telehealth and Mobile Health, CRC Press, December 2015.
- K. Hung, C.C. Lee, and S.-O. Choy, “Ubiquitous Health Monitoring: Integration of Wearable Sensors, Novel Sensing Techniques, and Body Sensor Networks,” in Mobile Health (mHealth): The Technology Road Map, Springer, March 2015.
- Hung, K., Bao S.D., Zhang, Y.T., “Mobile Health,” in Encyclopedia of Wireless & Mobile Communications, Taylor & Francis, 2008.
- Hung, K. and Zhang, Y.T., “Telemedicine,” in Wiley Encyclopaedia of Biomedical Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, 2006.
- Hung, K., Zhang, Y.T., “Wireless Internet in Telemedicine,” in Wireless Internet Handbook: Technologies, Standards & Applications, CRC Press, 2003.
- X. Li, D. Luo, Y. Cheng, K.-Y. Wong, and K. Hung, ”A Perception-driven Framework for Predicting Missing Odor Perceptual Ratings and an Exploration of Odor Perceptual Space,” IEEE Access, vol. 8, Iss. 1, pp. 29595-29607, December 2020.
- D. Wu, Y. Cheng, D. Luo, K.-Y. Wong, K. Hung, and Z. Yan, “POP-CNN: Predicting Odor Pleasantness with Convolutional Neural Network,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 19, Iss. 23, pp. 11337-11345, December 2019.
- Y. Cheng, A. Wong, K. Hung, Z. Li, and W. Li, “Deep Nearest Class Mean Model for Incremental Odor Classification,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 68, Iss. 4, pp. 952-962, April 2019.
- A. Wong, K.P. Pun, Y.T. Zhang and K. Hung, “A near-infrared heart rate measurement IC with very low cutoff frequency using current steering technique,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits & Systems: Part-I, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 2642-2647, December 2005.
- K. Hung and Y.T. Zhang, “Implementation of a WAP-based telemedicine system for patient-monitoring,” in IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 7, no.2, 2003.
- Y.T. Zhang, L. Li, K. Hung, and J. Woo, "Telemedicine and Cyberhospital for Health Care Delivery in the 21st Century," Journal of World Medical Instrumentation, 2000.
Selected Professional & Community Services
- Committee member, IEEE Engineering in Medicine & Biology Society (EMBS) Hong Kong - Macau Joint Chapter
- Committee member of Electronics & Communications Section (ECS) of IET Hong Kong
- Committee member of CIE Hong Kong
- Counselor, IEEE OUHK Student Branch
Modified Date: Feb 20, 2020