I am Lecturer in English and Comparative Literature at The Open University of Hong Kong. After joining OUHK in 2018, I completed a PhD in Modern Chinese Literature and Culture (2015-2019) at The School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London. I am also the Principal Investigator of the HKRGC-FDS funded project "Escaping Prestige: The Transmedia Aesthetics of Gao Xingjian's Post-Nobel Works" (UGC/FDS16/H09/19).
For my CV, please click "view a full profile" at the bottom of this page.
- Cheuk, Michael Ka Chi. “The ‘Lazy’ Element: LMF and the Localization of Hip Hop Authenticity.” _Cultural Conflict in Hong Kong: Angles on a Coherent Imaginary_, eds. Jason S Polley, Vinton Poon, Lian-hee Wee. Singapore: Palgrave, 2018. 149-66.
- Cheuk, Michael Ka Chi. “The Language of Trauma in Gao Xingjian’s Selected Short Stories.” _Trauma, Memory, and Healing in Asian Literature and Culture_, ed. Sharanya Jayawickrama. (Forthcoming; Routledge)
- Cheuk, Michael Ka Chi. “The Low Mays and the Transgression of Wo Lei Fei Fei.” _For The Culture: Hip Hop and the Fight for Social Justice_, eds Lakeyta M. Bonnette-Bailey and Adolphus G. Belk, Jr. (Accepted; University of Michigan Press)
- Cheuk, Michael Ka Chi. "Life’s a (Confucian) Struggle: Shawn Sung as Hip Hop’s Junzi." (Under Review)
- Cheuk, Michael Ka Chi. “Escape From Censorship: Gao Xingjian's Aesthetics of Reflexivity." (Under Review)
- Cheuk, Michael Ka Chi. “The Politics and Aesthetics of Featuring in Post-2017 Chinese
Hip Hop.” Special Issue on “Shifting Undergrounds in East and Southeast Asia,” Cultural Studies. (Under Review)
Selected Professional & Community Services
- Contributor, Time Out Hong Kong, https://timeout.com/hong-kong
- Contributor, The Theatre Times, https://thetheatretimes.com/
View a full profile
Modified Date: Nov 28, 2019