Ms Janet Lau Man-ying, obtained her Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Degree from the University of Brighton, UK. She received an MA in Design at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and an MSc in Marketing at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Prior to joining the OUHK, she worked at various local and international creative agencies and organizations as well as the HKSAR Government. Her research interests include the creative and cultural industries in Hong Kong, cultural heritage, branding development, digitalisation and audiences, etc.
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Creative industries and cultural heritage
- Branding development
- Digitalisation and audiences
Academic & Professional Experience
1994 HK4As Creative Awards: Best Typography, Best Print Ad and Best Direct Mailing
by The Association of Accredited Advertising Agencies of Hong Kong
- Lau, M.Y., Leung, M.L. and Wong, S.K. (2018). Changes of Museums: Experiences of Hong Kong and Nearby Places. Hong Kong: The Research Institute for Digital Culture and Humanities, The Open University of Hong Kong. (Chinese version only)
- Tso, Anna W. B. and Lau, Janet M. Y. (2018). “An Explorative Study on the Pedagogical Potential of Gamification.” In Li, K.C., Yuen, K.S. and Wong, B.T.M. (eds.). Innovations in Open and Flexible Education. Singapore: Springer.
- Tso, Anna W. B. and Lau, Janet M. Y. (2019) "The Digital and Multimodal Art Experience: A Hong Kong Case Study." In Wing-bo Tso (Ed.), Digital Humanities and New Ways of Teaching. Singapore: Springer.
- Tso, W. B. and Lau, M. Y. "Digital Game-based Learning: A Case Study of a Digital Educational Game in Hong Kong." Journal of Global Literacies, Technologies, and Emerging Pedagogies. 3.2(2016): 433 - 447. Web.
Selected Professional & Community Services
- Technical Advisors of Employees Retraining Board (ERB) (1 Apr 2017-31 Mar 2021)
- Advisor for Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH) program - Hong Kong Heritage TV series (2017-18) organized by Hulu Culture, and co-organized by Intangible Cultural Heritage Office and RTHK.
Modified Date: Jun 25, 2019