Dr. Sin Chun Man obtained his BEd (First class honors) in Language Education, MPhil in Modern Chinese, and PhD in Modern Chinese from the University of Hong Kong (thesis title “A Dynamic Study of Figure of Speech in Modern Chinese"). He also obtained the qualification of registered teacher from the Education Bureau of Hong Kong SAR Government.
Dr. Sin Chun Man is a lecturer of School of Education and Languages, the Open University of Hong Kong. Before joining the Open University of Hong Kong, Dr. Sin had been a secondary school teacher, a lecturer in School of Chinese, the University of Hong Kong, a visiting lecturer in Hong Kong Community College, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, an assistant lecturer in Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong, and a research assistant in Faculty of Education, the University of Hong Kong. Over the years, he has been passionate about editing and literary creation. He had been an editor in chief of an environmental magazine and his articles were published in Ming Pao, 80s renaissance and so on.
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Child Development and Children's Literature
- Curriculum Development
- Modern Chinese Grammar and Rhetoric
- Chinese Lyrics Criticism
- Classical Chinese Pedagogy
- Teaching Chinese as a Second Language
- Sin Chun Man: The Language Expressing Ability of Hong Kong Secondary Student in Science Subject and its Related Teaching Strategy, Hong Kong Science Teachers’ Journal, vol. 30, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Association for Science and Mathematics Education Limited, 2014, p.123-128.
- Chou Wai Yi, Sin Chun Man, Lam Wai Ip, Chan King Ping & Ma Ka Man: The impact of e-learning on the Hong Kong primary students’ handwriting of Chinese characters, Han Characters Education and Research, vol. 33, South Korea: Korea Association for Han Characters Education and Research, 2014, p.139 - 167.
Modified Date: Apr 16, 2019