Dr Irene Siaw is currently an Associate Professor in Management Strand. She obtained her Doctor of Business Administration from University of South Australia, a Master of Professional Accounting from University of Southern Queensland and a Master of Science in Applied Statistics from Sheffield Hallam University. Prior to joining the OUHK, she worked in various financial institutions and Hong Kong Polytechnic University. She is also a member of CPA (Australia). Her current research interests are on the standard working hours and diversity of generational workforce cohorts in organizations.
Apart from teaching and research, she is also in charge of the School Student Services Office where she coordinates the School's student activities such as A-Team student development programme, internships, external competitions, study tours etc.
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Management, Business Statistics
- Standard Working Hours, Generational differences in work
- Siaw, S.C.I. (2000). Student Responses to PBL Experience in Two Subjects. Chapter in Taplin, M. (Ed.) Learning about Learning, The Open University of Hong Kong, 27-41.
- Siaw, S.C.I, Chan, M, & Mok, V. (2000). The Place of PBL in OUHK Tutorials. Chapter in Taplin, M. (Ed.) Learning about Learning, The Open University of Hong Kong, 86-97.
- Irene S C Siaw and Alex Mak (2017) 'Perspectives of the Standard Working Hours Imposed in Health-care Industry - Is It Really Helpful to the Employees?', Australian Academy of Business and Economics Review, Vol. 3, Issue 2,113-118.
- Irene S C Siaw (2016) 'Understanding the Workplace Commitment for Generation Y in Hong Kong - A Qualitative Study', Australasian Journal of Business, Social Science and Information Technology, Vol. 2, Issue 1, 62-71.
- Yum, J C K, Kember, D and Siaw, I (2005) ‘Coping Mechanisms of Part-Time Students’, International Journal of Lifelong Education, Volume 24(4), pp. 303-317.
- Siaw, I and Yu, A (2004) ‘Analysing the Competitive Landscape of the Internet in the Banking Industry’, The International Journal of Management, Volume 21(4), pp. 514-523.
- Siaw, I and Yu, A (2003) ‘An Analysis of the Evolutionary Change using Porter’s Framework – the Hong Kong Banking Industry’, The International Journal of Knowledge, Culture and Change Management, Volume 3, pp. 581-595.
- Yu, A and Siaw, I (2003) ‘How Retail Bankers Perceive the Competitive Aspects of Internet banking – The case of Hong Kong’, The E-Business Review, Volume III, pp. 164-168.
- Jessie C.K. Yum, David Kember, Irene Siaw (2001), Study Examines Coping Methods in Part-Time Students, Newsletter of the National Resource Center for the First-Year Experience, 4-5.
- David Kember, Richard Armour, Kenneth Lee, Doris Y.P. Leung, Natalia Li, Kwok Chi Ng, Irene Siaw, Winnie Wong, Jessie Yum (2001), Orientations to Enrolment of Part-time Students: A Classification System based upon students’ perceived lifelong learning needs, Higher Education Research & Development, 265-280.
Modified Date: Nov 30, 2019