Ms. Fanny Tang, Wai-fan is currently the Senior Lecturer in Testing and Certification, School of Science and Technology, the Open University of Hong Kong. She is also the Director of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Assessment Agency for Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC). She obtained her Master of Engineering (Hons) in Industrial Engineering Management from the University of Hong Kong and Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Applied Physics from the City University of Hong Kong. Prior to joining the OUHK, she worked as consultant in Hong Kong Productivity Council and has extensive experience in industrial engineering management, material testing, reliability testing and failure analysis. She is appointed as the member of Hong Kong Council for Testing and Certification by the Innovation and Technology Commission. She is also appointed as Technical Assessor by the Hong Kong Accreditation Service (HKAS), as well as a certified Lead Auditor of the Hong Kong Institution for Certified Auditors (HKICA). Her research interests include material failure analysis and reliability engineering.
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Material Science and Properties
- Reliability Engineering
- Failure Analysis
- Fanny Tang , S. L. Mak and C. H. Li (2019), ‘Strategic Approach for the Implementation of New ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Quality Management Systems: A Review on Risk Management and Data Management’. The Proceedings of the 2019 International Conference on Systematic Innovation, ISI, July, 2019 Liverpool, UK
- Fanny Tang (2018), ‘Content Analysis Approach: A Review on the Extent of Science and Engineering Curriculum Meet Competency Requirements for Testing, Inspection and Certification Industry”, Proceedings of 2018 Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM2018), Thailand.
- Fanny Tang (2018), ‘A Review on the Self-Cleaning Glass Technology Applied in Automobile’, Proceedings of the 2018 IEEE International Symposium on Product Compliance Engineering (ISPCE), China
*Received “Merit Award” in the paper competition.
- Fanny Tang and Eddy Chan (2018), ‘Systematic Identification for Workforce and Competency Requirements for Testing, Inspection and Certification Sectors’, Proceedings of the 2018 International Conference on Systematic Innovation (ICSI), Taiwan
- Fanny Tang (2017), ‘Content Analysis Methodology: A Review on the Readiness on Science and Engineering Curriculum in Higher Education Institution in Supporting Undergraduates to Enter the Testing and Certification Industry’, Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Product Compliance Engineering (ISPCE), Taiwan
- Fanny Tang, Anne O’Grady and Andrew Clapham (2017), ‘Entering the Testing and Certification Industry: A Review of Job and Competency Requirements”, Proceedings of 2017 Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM2017), Singapore.
- Fanny Tang, (2017) ‘Innovative-driven Strategies for Growth Industries: A Review on Engaging Testing and Certification Industry’, Proceedings of the International Conference on Systematic Innovation (ICSI), Beijing, China.
*Received “Excellent Presentation Award” in the paper presentation
Selected Professional & Community Services
- Technical Assessor of The Hong Kong Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (HOKLAS) of the HKSAR Government
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Institution for Certified Auditors (HKICA)
- Low Carbon Manufacturing Programme Verifier (LCMP) of World Wide Fund (WWF)
- Certified Factory Auditor of Hong Kong Exporters’ Association
Modified Date: Feb 28, 2020