Dr Eva Tsang obtained her Bachelor of Arts in Chinese (First Class Honours) from Lingnan University (formerly Lingnan College) and a Master of Education in Educational Technology from the University of Wales, UK and subsequently acquired a Doctor of Philosophy in Instructional Design for Online Learning from the Capella University, US. She also received her Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) in Adult Education from the University of Hong Kong and a Diploma in Web-based Multimedia Technology from the City University of Hong Kong.
Dr Tsang started her career as a teacher, programme administrator and editor of distance learning materials at Caritas Adult & Higher Education Service. She joined OUHK as a Course Designer (ETPU). In 2007, she was appointed as Senior Course Designer, and later as Deputy Director (Learning and Teaching) in 2013.
With over 20 years of professional experience in OUHK, Dr Tsang has contributed her expertise in instructional design, development and delivery of distance and open learning courses, the establishment of a quality assurance system to produce distance learning materials, as well as planning and managing in-house developed TV programmes and promotional videos for the University. She has been in charge of the provision of a total online, blended and mobile learning environment for learners of the OUHK and innovative use of educational technology in learning and teaching. During 2007 to 2012, she was concurrently appointed as the Project Director of the University's Centre for Innovation.
Dr Tsang has also conducted and organized a series of training workshops on course development, instructional design, eLearning, blended learning and mobile learning for internal staff and distance education planners and practitioners from external institutions.
- T. Tang, Tsang, Eva Y.M., and Chan, S.K. (Eds) (1997) Adaptive Teaching — Special needs in education, HK: OUHK Press. (in Chinese)
- Tsang, Eva Y.M. and Choi, M.F. (2015). “Transformation of conventional DL courses to BL courses: Use of multimedia and ID strategies”. In KC Li and KS Yuen (Eds.), Studies and Practices for Advancement in Open and Distance Education’, 279-293, Hong Kong: The Open University of Hong Kong Press and Asian Association of Open Universities.
- Choi, M.F. and Tsang, Eva Y.M. (2015). “Students’ satisfaction and perceived attainment in the use of online discussion forum: A follow-up study in the OUHK”. In KC Li and KS Yuen (Eds.), Studies and Practices for Advancement in Open and Distance Education’, 265-278, Hong Kong: The Open University of Hong Kong Press and Asian Association of Open Universities.
- Tsang, Eva Y.M., K. S. Yuen, and Cheung, Belle P.P. (2014). “Effective instructional design for mobile learning”. In KC Li and KS Yuen (Eds.), Emerging Modes and Approaches in Open and Flexible Education’, 59-80, Hong Kong: The Open University of Hong Kong Press.
- Yuen, K. S., Tsang, Eva Y.M. and Cheung, Belle P. P. (2014). “Developing mobile learning modules for the enhancement of language proficiency”. In KC Li and KS Yuen (Eds.), Emerging Modes and Approaches in Open and Flexible Education’, 151-164, Hong Kong: The Open University of Hong Kong Press.
- Tsang, Eva Y.M., K.S. Yuen, K.C. Li, and K.S. Cheung. (2013). “Designing Open Textbooks for Effective Teaching and Learning”. In J. Lam et al. (Eds.). Knowledge Sharing from Technology. 43–55, Berlin Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag.
- Leung, C.M. and Tsang, Eva Y.M. (2012). “The Open University of Hong Kong: The iCounselling System”. In Oblinger, D.G. (Ed) Game Changers: Education and Information Technologies, 301-304, NY: EDUCAUSE.
- Yuen, K.S., S.W. Lee. and Tsang, Eva Y.M.. (2011). Reasons for dropping out in distance learning. In Young, E. C. et al (eds), International Journal of Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning, Vol 3 (2), 25- 41. HK: HKUSPACE.
- Leung, C.M., Tsang, Eva Y.M., Lam, F., Pang, D. (2010). “Intelligent Counseling System: A 7 x 24 Academic Advisor .” EDUCAUSE, 33(4).
- Yuen, K.S., Tsang, Y.M. and Leung, C. (2009). Developing e-learning programmes at the OUHK. In Coomaraswamy, U., Rama, K. and Hope, A. (eds.) Quality Assurance Toolkit for Distance Higher Education Institutions and Programmes, 237-244. Vancouver: Commonwealth of Learning.
- Tsang, Eva Y.M. (2008). “Learner-content interactivity: Instructional design strategies for the development of e-learning materials”. In Kwan, R. et al (Eds). Enhancing Learning Through Technology, 251-261, NJ: World Scientific.
- Tsang, Y. M. (2006). “Chapter 1: Learning Modes”, Developing Skills for Distance Learning, Hong Kong: The Open University of HK Press. (in Chinese)
- Tsang, Y. M. (2006). “Chapter 2: Study Plan & Time Management”, Developing Skills for Distance Learning, Hong Kong: The Open University of HK Press. (in Chinese)
- Tsang, Y. M. (translated) (2004) Bates T, 'Online learning tools and technologies' in Zhang W Y (ed.), Global Perspectives: Philosophy and Practice in Distance Education, vol. 2, Beijing: China Central Radio & Television University Press, 26-36
- Tsang, Y.M., Choi, M.F., Tam, K.C. (2002) “Students’ participation in computer- mediated communication: a preliminary study at the OUHK”, in D. Murphy, N. Shin, & W. Y. Zhang (eds.) Advancing Online Learning in Asia, 52-65. Hong Kong: Open University of Hong Kong Press.
- Tsang, Y.M., Lo, W.W., Tam, K.C, Choi, M.F., Chu, C.F., Leung, P.S. (2003) “Factors affecting students’ perception to Chinese Online Learning Environment” Global E-Journal of Open, Flexible and Distance Education. 3 (1). http://www.ignou.ac.in/e-journal/ContentIII/Eva-T.htm
- Tsang, Eva Y.M. (2002). “The Approach of Media Mix and Course Development at the Open University of Hong Kong”, Journal of Jiangsu Radio & Television University, 13, 6: 5-10. (in Chinese)
- 梁子沖、曾婉媚、蔡明輝 (2001) 「一個以初學者為對象的中文網上學習系統」，《江蘇廣播電視大學學報》，第十二卷，第二期，頁31-35。
Selected Professional & Community Services
- Project Manager, Open Textbooks for Hong Kong Project, January 2013 – present
Modified Date: Jun 04, 2019