Dr Emily Wong received her Bachelor of Chinese Medicine and Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmacology and Pharmacy from The University of Hong Kong. She is currently an Assistant Professor in Department of Science, School of Science and Technology, The Open University of Hong Kong. Her teaching and research mainly focus on life science and food and drug analysis.
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Vascular biology
- Chinese medicine
- Food and drug analysis
- Wong, E.S.W., Man, R.Y.K., Ng, K.F.J., Susan, W.S.L., Vanhoutte, P.M. (2018). L-arginine and arginase products potentiate dexmedetomidine-induced contractions in the rat aorta. Anesthesiology 128(3): 564-573.
- Wong, E.S.W., Kwok, B.O.T., Tang, K.K.Y., Chan, L.C., Cheung, Z.Y.Y., Im, K.W., Tam, S.Y. The Repellent Effect of Lemongrass Essential Oil on Mosquitoes in Hong Kong. The 2nd Symposium of Research on Energy and Environmental Science (SREES), Hong Kong. 6 June, 2017.
- Wong, E.S.W., Man, R.Y.K., Vanhoutte, P.M., Ng, K.F.J. L-arginine and Arginase products potentiate contractions to dexmedetomidine in the rat aorta with endothelium in the presence of Nω-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester. Joint Meeting ESH-ISH Hypertension 2014, Athens, Greece. 13-16 June, 2014.
- Wong, E.S.W., Man, R.Y.K., Vanhoutte, P.M., Ng, K.F.J. (2010). Dexmedetomidine induces both relaxations and contractions, via different α2-adrenoceptor subtypes, in the isolated mesenteric artery and aorta of the rat. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 335(3): 659-664.
- Wong E.S.W., Man, R.Y.K., Vanhoutte, P.M., Ng, K.F.J. L-arginine and Arginase products increase endothelium-dependent contractions of the rat aorta to dexmedetomidine in the presence of L-NAME. The 4th Scientific Meeting of the Asian Society for Vascular Biology, Hong Kong. 20-21 November, 2010.
- Wong, E.S.W., Man, R.Y.K., Vanhoutte, P.M., Ng, K.F.J. Both D- and L-arginine increase contractions to dexmedetomidine in the presence of L-NAME in the rat aorta with endothelium. WorldPharma2010, Copenhagan, Denmark. 17-23 July, 2010.
- Wong, E.S.W., Man, R.Y.K., Vanhoutte, P.M., Ng, K.F.J. Differential Effects of Alpha-adrenoceptor Agonists on Relaxation in the Mesenteric Artery and Aorta of the Rat. The 10th International Symposium on Mechanisms of Vasodilatation, Matsushima, Miyagi, Japan. 1-3 June, 2009.
- Wong, E.S.W., Man, R.Y.K., Vanhoutte, P.M., Ng, K.F.J. Effects of Dexmedetomidine in Isolated Arteries of Pig and Rat. The 5th International EDHF Symposium, Endothelium, Vasoactive Factors and Inflammation, Tampere, Finland. 24-27 June, 2008.
Selected Professional & Community Services
- External Examiner, Caritas Bianchi College of Careers and Caritas Institute of Higher Education (2016 - current)
Modified Date: Jun 19, 2019