Dr. Eric K. W. Lau earned his Ph. D. at the City University of Hong Kong in 2004. He has published articles in journals such as the Business Ethics: A European Review, and the Asian Journal of Business and Information Systems. He has also published four books on service quality and IT adoption in Hong Kong.
He is currently the Chairperson - Organizing Committee of HK Farmfest 2018, 2019, 2020.
Hong Kong Government Committee member (Current):
1. Telecommunications Users and Consumer Advisory Committee TUCAC, Office of Communications Authority OFCA
2. Committee member, the Marketing Advisory Board, Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department
3. Committee member, Agricultural Products Scholarship Fund Advisory Committee, Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department
4. Member of the Retail Technology Adoption Assistance Scheme for Manpower Demand Management Vetting Committee, Commerce and Economic Development Bureau
He was also the Adjudicator in Obscene Article Tribunal, Hong Kong SAR Government (August 2000 - August 2009).
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Knowledge Management
- Social Media Marketing
- Business Ethics
Academic & Professional Experience
International Conference Official:
15th International Conference on Knowledge Management In Organisations - KMO 2020
International Journal Editorial Board:
International Journal of Web Engineering and Technology
- Lau, K. W. (2005). Quality Service in Hong Kong (優質服務在香港). Et press: Hong Kong.
- Lau, K. W. (2019). Hong Kong FarmFest Social Media Marketing Campaign. SAGE Publications: UK. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781526490414 (SAGE Business Case Series)
- Lau, K. W., Zhao, A. and Ko, A. (2019). Hybrid Artificial Intelligence B2B2C Business Application – Online Travel Services. In Communications in computer and Information Science, In: Uden L., Ting IH., Corchado J. (eds) Knowledge Management in Organizations. KMO 2019. Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol 1027. Springer. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-21451-7_44
- Lau, K. W. (2018), "Relationship between Product-Harm Crisis and Facebook Marketing: Food Poisoning Case in Hong Kong", European Journal of Management, 18(2), 45-50. https://doi.org/10.18374/ejm-18-2.4
- Lau, K. W. (2018), "Using the Balanced Scorecard to Measure the Effectiveness of Knowledge Management Projects in Chinese Enterprises", International Journal of Web Engineering and Technology, 13(2), 187-198.
- Lau, K. W. and Leung, C. (2017), "The Importance of Experiential Marketing on Customer Loyalty", Review of Business Research, 17(4), 13-20. https://doi.org/10.18374/RBR-17-4.2.
- Lau, K. W. and Chan, T. (2016), "Loan Impairment Charges Analysis for Business Forecasting in Banking Industry:
Hong Kong Case Study ", California Business Review, 4(1), 35-40.
- Lau, K. W. and Yao, Y. T. (2015), "Music piracy in China", California Business Review, 3(2), 47-54.
- Lau, K. W. (2014), "Understanding consumer inferences in the product harm situation", European Journal of Management, 14(3), 7-12.
- Lau K. W. and Ng, P. L. (2013). “Review of Time-Cost Optimization Techniques in Construction Project Management”, European Journal of Management, 13(3), 75-84.
- Lau K. W. and Chan, W. S. (2012). “An Integrative Framework Capturing Customer Satisfaction and Service Quality in Call Centers ”, Review of Business Research, 12(3), 76-82.
- Lau K. W. (2011). “Adoption of Online Group Buying”, European Journal of Management, 11(4), 54-60.
- Lau, K. W. (2009). “Institutional Effects on the Intention to Adopt E-learning for Business Studies”, International Journal of Learning Technology, 4(1/2), 100-109.
- Lau K. W. (2008). “Comparative Study of Software Piracy”. European Journal of Management, 8(5), 74-77.
- Lau K. W. (2007). “The Use of an Online Discussion Forum for Case Sharing in Business Education”. International Journal of Learning Technology. 3(1), pp. 18-31.
- Lau K. W. (2007). “Interaction Effect in Software Piracy”. Business Ethics: A European Review. 16(1), 34-47.
- Lau K. W. (2006). “Factors Motivating People toward Pirated Software”. Qualitative Market Research. 9(4), 404-419.
- Lau K. W. (2004). “Use of graphic image and text characters in Internet banners as an effective marketing tool”. International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising. 1(2), 196-203.
- Lau, K. W. (2003). “An Empirical study of software piracy”. Business Ethics: A European Review, 12(3), 233-245.
- Lau, K. W. (2000). “Promoting electronic commerce in Chinese societies: A case study of a cyber bookstore”. Asian Journal of Business and Information Systems (AJBIS), 4(2), 469-482.
Modified Date: Sep 03, 2020