Dr. Chow Yi Lin Dawn 周怡琳博士
BA National University of Singapore, B.Soc.Sci Honours in Economics National University of Singapore, PGDE National Institute of Education, MBA with Distinction University of Warwick UK, PhD Nanyang Technological University Singapore
Research Assistant Professor
Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration
Dawn Chow (PhD 2016, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore) is Research Assistant Professor at the Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration.
Dawn obtained her MBA (Distinction) from the University of Warwick, UK. Dawn’s current research focuses on the political ideology of firms and TMTs, institutional logics, terror management theory, as well as the coevolution of MNEs with their institutional environment. Other than her publications in the Asia Pacific Journal of Management and the Journal of International Management, Dawn also has papers which are currently in the peer review process at top journals.
Dawn has also published in conference proceedings such as those of the Academy of Management, the Strategic Management Society, EURAM, and the Academy of International Business.
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Top Management Teams, Political Ideology of the firm, M&As, Corporate Boards, Institutional Logics, Attachment to Home Country
Academic & Professional Experience
The Open University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Research Assistant Professor, Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration
August 2016-August 2019
Singapore University of Social Sciences
Lecturer, School of Business
- Chow, D., Chan, X., & Micelotta, E. (forthcoming) Organizational political ideology, host country institutions, and impact on employee outcomes. In V. Shirodkar, S. McGuire & R. Strange (Eds.), Non-market Strategies in International Business. The Academy of International Business (AIB-UKI) Book Series, Switzerland: Palgrave MacMillan, Springer (this paper was selected for the Palgrave AIB Book Series as one of the best sessions and papers presented at the AIB-UK conference, April 2019).
- Tsui-Auch, L.S and Chow Y.D. (2013). Ethnic Chinese Family-Controlled Firms in Singapore: Continuity and Change in Corporate Governance. Menkhoff,T., Chay Y. W., Evers, H-D., and Hoon, C.Y(eds). Catalysts of Change: Chinese
Business in Asia. 193-212. New Jersey: World Scientific Publishing.
- Tsui-Auch, L.S and Chow, Y.D. (2015). Ethnic Chinese Family Business. McGee, J., Sammut-Bonnici, T. (eds). Wiley Encyclopedia of Management – Strategic Management: Vol. 12, 3rd edition. Oxford: Wiley Publishing.
- Chow, Y. D. & Tsui-Auch, L.S. (2019). Coping with Commodification:
Hybrid strategies in Asian law firms. Asia Pacific Journal of
Management. First Online 18 May 2019. DOI: 10.1007/s10490-018-9629-
- Tsui-Auch, L.S. & Chow, Y. D. (2019). MNEs' Agency Within Institutional
Contexts: A Study of Walmart's Post-acquisition Practices in Mexico,
Germany, and Japan. Journal of International Management, 25(2).
- Chang, Y., Fang, Z., Hamori, S., & Chow, Y. D. (2018). A Sustainable
Metropolis: Perspectives of Population, Productivity and Parity.
Sustainability, 10, 4264.
Selected Professional & Community Services
- Academy of International Business Southeast Asia Chapter Executive Board Member (June 2019- June 2022; renewable beyond 3 years)
- Academy of Management Review ad hoc reviewer
- British Journal of Management ad hoc reviewer
Modified Date: Nov 30, 2019