Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Teaching area: Anatomy and Physiology
- Research interest: Ethnobotanical drug discovery research
- Research interest: Prostate cancer cell biology
- Wong, W.C., Tam, C.W. & Tiu, M.M.H. (2015). The influences of extra-curricular activities on the development of competence among undergraduate nursing students in Hong Kong. Journal of Nursing and Care,4, 5.
- Shiu, S.Y.W., Leung, W.Y., Tam, C.W., Liu, V.W., & Yao, K.M. (2013). Melatonin MT(1) receptor-induced transcriptional up-regulation of p27(Kip1) in prostate cancer antiproliferation is mediated via inhibition of constitutively active nuclear factor kappa B (NF-κB): potential implications on prostate cancer chemoprevention and therapy. J Pineal Res, 54, 69-79.
- Tam, C.W., & Shiu, S.Y.W. (2011). Functional interplay between melatonin receptor-mediated antiproliferative signaling and androgen receptor signaling in human prostate epithelial cells: potential implications for therapeutic strategies against prostate cancer. J Pineal Res, 51, 297-312.
- Shiu, S.Y.W., Pang, B., Tam, C.W., & Yao, K.M. (2010). Signal transduction of receptor-mediated antiproliferative action of melatonin on human prostate epithelial cells involves dual activation of Gαs and Gαq proteins. J Pineal Res, 49, 301-311.
- Tam, C.W., Chan, K.W., Liu, V.W., Pang, B., Yao, K.M., & Shiu, S.Y.W. (2008). Melatonin as a negative mitogenic hormonal regulator of human prostate epithelial cell growth: potential mechanisms and clinical significance. J Pineal Res, 45, 403-412.
Modified Date: Nov 28, 2019