> Dr. Qiu Xuyan Christy 邱旭妍博士
- Second Language Acquisition
- Task-based Language Teaching
- English for Academic Purposes
- English as a Medium of Instruction
- Qiu, X. (2014). The use of oral narrative tasks in second language learning: does a familiar topic make a difference? In J. Angouri, T. Harrison, S. Schnurr and S. Wharton (Eds.), Proceedings of the 47th Annual Meeting of the British Association for Applied Linguistics (pp. 141-154). Scitsiugnil: Coventry, UK.
- Xu, Y., & Qiu, X.* (forthcoming). Necessary but problematic: Chinese university English teachers’ perceptions and practices of assessing class participation. Teaching in Higher Education. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/13562517.2020.1747424 (SSCI journal)
- Qiu, X., & Fang, C. (forthcoming). Creating an effective English-Medium Instruction (EMI) classroom: Chinese undergraduate students’ perceptions of native and non-native English-speaking content teachers and their experiences. International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/13670050.2019.1707769 (SSCI journal)
- Qiu, X. (forthcoming). Picture or non-picture? The influence of narrative task types on lower-and higher-proficiency EFL learners’ oral production. International Review of Applied Linguistics in Language Teaching.
doi: https://doi.org/10.1515/iral-2017-0094 (SSCI journal)
- Qiu, X. (forthcoming). Functions of oral monologic tasks: Effects of topic familiarity on L2 speaking performance. Language Teaching Research. doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/1362168819829021 (SSCI journal)
- Qiu, X., & Cheng, H. (forthcoming). Review of the book English-medium instruction in Chinese universities by Jing Zhao and L. Quentin Dixon (Routledge, 2017). International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism. (SSCI journal)
- Qiu, X., & Ma, X. (2019). Disciplinary enculturation and authorial stance: Comparison of stance features among master’s dissertations, doctoral theses, and research articles. Ibérica, 38, 327-348. (SSCI journal)
- Qiu, X. (2018). Review of the book Peer interaction and second language learning: Pedagogical potential and research agenda by Masatoshi Sato and Susan Ballinger (John Benjamins, 2016). Applied Linguistics, 39(2), 250-253. (SSCI journal)
- Qiu, X., & Lo, Y. Y. (2017). Content familiarity, task repetition and Chinese EFL learners’ engagement in second language use. Language Teaching Research, 21(6), 681-698. doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/1362168816684368 (SSCI journal)
- Ad hoc reviewer for Studies in Second Language Acquisition, The Modern Language Journal, System, Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development, Sage Open, Ibérica and Studies in Second Language Learning and Teaching.
Modified Date: May 19, 2020