> Dr. Qiu Xuyan Christy 邱旭妍博士
- Second Language Acquisition
- Task-based Language Teaching
- English for Academic Purposes
- English as a Medium of Instruction
- Qiu, X. (2014). The use of oral narrative tasks in second language learning: does a familiar topic make a difference? In J. Angouri, T. Harrison, S. Schnurr and S. Wharton (Eds.), Proceedings of the 47th Annual Meeting of the British Association for Applied Linguistics (pp. 141-154). Scitsiugnil: Coventry, UK.
- Xu, J., & Qiu, X.* (forthcoming). Study abroad experiences count: Motivational profile of EFL listeners and its impact on top-down and bottom-up processing. Applied Linguistics Review. doi: https://doi.org/10.1515/applirev-2020-0037 (SSCI journal)
- Xu, Y., & Qiu, X.* (forthcoming). Necessary but problematic: Chinese university English teachers’ perceptions and practices of assessing class participation. Teaching in Higher Education. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/13562517.2020.1747424 (SSCI journal)
- Qiu, X., & Fang, C. (forthcoming). Creating an effective English-Medium Instruction (EMI) classroom: Chinese undergraduate students’ perceptions of native and non-native English-speaking content teachers and their experiences. International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/13670050.2019.1707769 (SSCI journal)
- Qiu, X. (forthcoming). Picture or non-picture? The influence of narrative task types on lower-and higher-proficiency EFL learners’ oral production. International Review of Applied Linguistics in Language Teaching.
doi: https://doi.org/10.1515/iral-2017-0094 (SSCI journal)
- Qiu, X., & Cheng, H. (2020). Review of the book English-medium instruction in Chinese universities by Jing Zhao and L. Quentin Dixon (Routledge, 2017). International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism, 23(10), 1303-1306. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/13670050.2018.1454044 (SSCI journal)
- Qiu, X., & Lee, M. K. (2020). Regulated learning and self-efficacy beliefs in peer collaborative writing: An exploratory study of L2 learners' written products, task discussions, and self-reports. System, 93, 1-15. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.system.2020.102312 (SSCI journal)
- Qiu, X. (2020). Functions of oral monologic tasks: Effects of topic familiarity on L2 speaking performance. Language Teaching Research, 24(6), 745-764. doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/1362168819829021 (SSCI journal)
- Qiu, X., & Ma, X. (2019). Disciplinary enculturation and authorial stance: Comparison of stance features among master’s dissertations, doctoral theses, and research articles. Ibérica, 38, 327-348. (SSCI journal)
- Qiu, X. (2018). Review of the book Peer interaction and second language learning: Pedagogical potential and research agenda by Masatoshi Sato and Susan Ballinger (John Benjamins, 2016). Applied Linguistics, 39(2), 250-253. (SSCI journal)
- Qiu, X., & Lo, Y. Y. (2017). Content familiarity, task repetition and Chinese EFL learners’ engagement in second language use. Language Teaching Research, 21(6), 681-698. doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/1362168816684368 (SSCI journal)
- Ad hoc reviewer for Studies in Second Language Acquisition, The Modern Language Journal, System, Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development, Journal of Language, Identity & Education, Lingua, Sage Open, Ibérica and Studies in Second Language Learning and Teaching.
Modified Date: Nov 27, 2020