Dr. CHEUNG Yin-chu obtained MA in Linguistics and Postgraduate Diploma in Education at The Chinese University of Hong Kong and PhD in Classical Chinese Literature at Central China Normal University. She has over 15 years teaching experiences in secondary schools and tertiary institutions. Before joining The Open University of Hong Kong, she taught at the Community College of City University. She specializes in Ci (Poetry) theories and criticism and publishes the outcomes in the leading academic journals such as Central China Academic, Journal of Chinese Verse Studies and Journal of Chinese Literary Studies. At the same time, she is active in writing and publishes the outcomes in the Hong Kong literature journals such as Hong Kong Literature Study, Hong Kong Writers, Hong Kong Literary, Hong Kong Literature Bimonthly and Voice & Verse Poetry Magazine. From 2010 to 2016, she is one of column writers, named 「英語筆欄」 and 「言必有中」, sharing daily use of English and Chinese in Education Area of Wen Wei Po (《文匯報》). She obtained key awards such as merit award for CityU Literary Award 1997 (Fiction) , Awards for Creative Writing in Chinese 2016 (Literary Criticism) and Awards for Creative Writing in Chinese 2018 (Literary Criticism). Her research interests include Ci (Poetry), Modern and Contemporary Chinese Literature, Literary Theories and Criticism, Text Linguistics and Creative Chinese Writing.
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Project on Chinese Language
- Study of Chinese Text
- Language and Psychology
- Ci (Poetry) Studies
- Literary Theories and Criticism
- Modern and Contemporary Chinese Literature
- Creative Chinese Writing
- Cheung, Y. C. (Accepted). Idle and Cold in the ‘Aesthetics of End of the World’ by Luo Fu. Literatures in Chinese. (CSSCI)
- Cheung, Y. C. (Accepted). Causality Structures of Ci (Poetry) of Zhu Yizun. The World of Chinese Language and Literature.
- 張燕珠(2018)〈篇章教學中的詞匯銜接——以中學中國語文學習參考篇章為討論範疇〉，《國文天地》總第400 期，頁94-98。
- Cheung, Y. C. (2018). From Revival Elegance to Remove Elegance in the School of Zhe Xi, Central China Academic, No. 2 (Serial No. 22), pp. 200-209. (CSSCI)
- Cheung, Y. C. (2018). Rebuilding and Canonization of Jue Mao Hao Ci, Journal of Chinese Literary Studies, June (Serial No. 32), pp. 33-44.
- Cheung, Y. C. (2018). The Significance of Canonizing the Elegant Ci-poetry in the Southern Song Dynasty by the School of Zhe Xi, Journal of Chinese Verse Studies, No. 2 (Serial No. 85), pp. 74-78.
View a full profile
Modified Date: Jul 22, 2019