Angus K. Y. Wong received his B.Sc. and Ph.D degrees in Information Technology from the City University of Hong Kong. Since he began his academic career in Macao Polytechnic Institute, he has constantly carried out active research work and provided consultancy services. After serving the institute for 10 years, he returned to Hong Kong and joined the School of Science and Technology at the Open University of Hong Kong in 2013 as an Associate Professor.
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Computer Networks
- Network Science
- Mobile Computing
- Network Infrastructure Security
- Angus Wong and Alan Yeung, Network Infrastructure Security, Springer, 2009.
- A. Wong, and Y.T. Chow, "Solar‐Supplied Satellite Internet Access Point for the Internet of Things in Remote Areas," Sensors, 20, 1409, March 2020, DOI:10.3390/s20051409
- X. Li, D. Luo, Y. Cheng, K.Y. Wong, and K. Hung, "A Perception-driven Framework for Predicting Missing Odor Perceptual Ratings and an Exploration of Odor Perceptual Space," IEEE Access, Volume 8, Issue 1, 2020, pp. 29595-29607, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.2972946
- D. Wu, D. Luo, K.Y. Wong, and K. Hung, "POP-CNN: Predicting Odor Pleasantness with Convolutional Neural Network," IEEE Sensors Journal, Volume: 19, Issue:23, December 2019, pp. 11337-11345
- Y. Cheng, K.Y. Wong, K. Hung, W. Li, Z. Li and J. Zhang, "Deep Nearest Class Mean Model for Incremental Odor Classification," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement,Vol. 68, Iss. 4, April 2019, pp. 952-962
- L. Hou, K.Y. Wong, and K.H. Yeung "Exploring the Impact of Social Properties on Routing in Cognitive Radio Networks", International Journal of Communication Systems, vol. 31, iss.15, Oct. 2018.
- L. Hou, K.Y. Wong, K.H. Yeung, S.O. Choy, "Clustering-Based Mobile Gateway Management in Integrated CRAHN-Cloud Network," KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, Vol. 12, Iss. 7, July 2018.
- L. H. Lao and K.Y. Wong, “Detecting Hand Gestures with Wi-Fi Technology: Applications for received-signal-strength indicators in interactive interface design.” IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine, vol.7, iss. 2, March 2018, pp. 73-82.
- L. Hou, K.H. Yeung, and K.Y. Wong, “SEER: spectrum-and energy-efficient routing protocol for cognitive radio ad hoc networks,” Wireless Networks, Springer, February 2015.
- K. Wong, A. Wong, A. Yeung, W. Fan and S.K. Tang, "Trust and Privacy Exploitation in Online Social Networks”, IT Professional, Oct 2014, pp 28-33.
- P. Lin, K.H. Yeung, K.Y. Wong "Multi-Portal Association Based Dispatching and A Virtual-Queue Method in Wireless Mesh Networks," Computer Networks, Volume 57, Issue 18, 24 December 2013, pp. 3773–3789.
- W. Fan, K.H. Yeung, and K.Y. Wong, "Assembly Effect of Groups in Online Social Networks," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Vol. 392, Iss. 5, 1 Mar. 2013, Pages 1090-1099.
- L. Hou, K.H. Yeung, and K.Y. Wong, “A Virus Spreading Model for Cognitive Radio Networks”, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Vol. 391, Iss. 24, 15 Dec. 2012, Pages 6632–6644.
- S.K. Tang, K.H. Yeung, and K.Y. Wong "Secure Address Configuration in IPv6 Networks", Journal of Internet Technology, Vol. 13 No. 4, July 2012, pp.551-558.
- Angus K. Y. Wong, "Implications of large-storage mobile phones," IEEE Potentials,May/June 2011, vol. 30, iss. 3, pp. 44-46.
- K.Y. Wong and K. H. Yeung "An Alternative Web Caching Design: a Site-based Approach," IET Communications, vol. 4, is. 12, 13th August 2010, pp. 1504-1515.
- Angus K.Y. Wong, "Cell Phones as Mobile Computing Devices," IT Professional, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 40-45, May/June 2010
- Angus K.Y. Wong, "Unlocking the Door to Better Cybersecurity," Science, Vol. 327, Iss. 5972, 19 Mar. 2010, p. 1451.
- Angus K.Y. Wong, "The Near-Me Area Network," IEEE Internet Computing, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 74-77, Mar./Apr. 2010
- I.S. Lei and K.Y. Wong, "The Multiple-Touch User Interface Revolution," IEEE IT Professional, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 42-49, Jan./Feb. 2009, doi:10.1109/MITP.2009.19
- K.Y. Wong, "Web Cache Replacement Policies: A Pragmatic Approach" IEEE Network, vol. 20, iss. 2, Jan-Feb. 2006, pp. 28-34.
- K.H. Yeung, K.W. Suen, K.Y. Wong and K. Y. Leung, "Design and Implementation of a Scalable Web Server Cluster", Journal of Internet Technology, vol. 5, no.3, Jul. 2004, pp. 221-231.
- K.Y. Wong, K.H. Yeung and K.F. Law, "Site-Based Mapping for Parallel Proxy Server with Fewer TCP Connections", IEEE Network Magazine, vol. 18, iss. 3, May-Jun. 2004, pp. 42-47.
- K.H. Yeung, C.C. Wong and K.Y. Wong, "A Cache Replacement Policy for Transcoding Proxy", IEICE Transactions on Communications, Vol. E87-B, No. 1, Jan. 2004, pp. 209-211.
- K.H. Yeung, K.P. Fung, and K.Y. Wong, "Performance Study on Disk Operations by Broadcast Polling Model", IEICE Transactions on Communication, Vol.E86-B No.6 p.2012-2014, June 2003.
- K.H. Yeung, K.W. Suen, and K.Y. Wong, "Least Load Dispatching Algorithm for Parallel Web Server Nodes", IEE Proceedings - Communications, Vol.149, No.4, pp.223-226, Aug. 2002.
- K.Y. Wong and K.H. Yeung, "Site-Based Approach in Web Caching Design", IEEE Internet Computing, Vol.5, No.5, pp.28-34, September/October, 2001.
Link to Google Scholar page
Modified Date: Mar 04, 2020