Dr. Wu received his B. Eng. degree from the University of New South Wales, Australia, M. Sc. and Ph. D. degrees from the University of Hong Kong. He is currently a Lecturer in the School of Science of Technology at Hong Kong Metropolitan University. His research interests include Big Data Analytics, Pattern recognition, Bioinformatics, Biomedical signal processing, Time Series Analysis and Smart grid.
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Big Data Analytics
- Pattern recognition
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Time Series Analysis
- Smart Grid
- J.Q. Lin, S. C. Chan and H.C. Wu, "A Robust PAST-based ESPRIT Algorithm with Variable Forgetting Factor and Regularization for Frequencies/Harmonics Estimation in Impulsive Noise," to appear in IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, (Impact Factor: 4.470, Ranking 7/129, Q1 in Instrumentation)
- J. Q. Lin, H. C. Wu* and S. C. Chan, “A New Regularized Recursive Dynamic Factor Analysis with Variable Forgetting Factor and Subspace Dimension for Wireless Sensor Networks with Missing Data,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 70, DOI: 10.1109/TIM.2021.3083889, May 2021
(Impact Factor: 4.470, Ranking 7/129, Q1 in Instrumentation)
- H. Chen, H. C. Wu*, S. C. Chan and W. H. Lam, “A stochastic quasi-Newton method for large-scale nonconvex optimization with applications,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, vol. 31, no. 11, pp.
4776 – 4790, Nov. 2020. (Impact Factor: 10.793; Ranking 4/202, Q1 in Artificial Intelligence)
- C. H. Ho, H. C. Wu*, and S. C. Chan, “A Robust Statistical Approach to Distributed Power System State Estimation with Bad Data,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 517 – 527, Jan. 2020. (4-year Impact Factor: 11.956; Ranking: 2/221, Q1 in General Computer Science)
- S. C. Chan, H. C. Wu*, C. H. Ho and L. Zhang, “An Augmented Lagrangian Approach for Distributed Robust Estimation in Large-scale Systems,” IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 2986 – 2997, Sept. 2019. (Citation: 7; 4-year Impact Factor: 5.609; Ranking: 30/242, Q1 in Control and Systems Engineering)
- L. Zhang, H. C. Wu*, C. H. Ho and S. C. Chan, “A multi-laplacian prior and augmented lagrangian approach to the exploratory analysis of time-varying gene and transcriptional regulatory networks for gene microarray data,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, April 2018. (Citation: 5; 4-year Impact Factor: 3.217; Ranking: 36/510, Q1 in Applied Mathematics; 67/275, Q1 in Biotechnology)
- H. C. Wu*, X. G. Wei and S. C. Chan, “Novel Consensus Gene Selection Criteria for Distributed GPU Partial Least Squares-based Gene Microarray Analysis in Diffused Large B Cell Lymphoma (DLBCL) and related findings,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Oct. 9, 2017.
(Citation: 12; Impact Factor: 3.217; Ranking: 36/510, Q1 in Applied Mathematics; 67/275, Q1 in Biotechnology)
- X. G. Wei, Y. J. Zhou, S. C. Chan and H. C. Wu*, “Automatic Extraction of Central Tendon of Rectus Femoris (CT-RF) in Sonography Using a New Intensity Compensated Free-Form Deformation-Based Tracking Algorithm With Local Shape Refinement,” IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics., vol. 21, no. 4, pp.1058-1068, July 2017.
(Impact Factor: 6.747; Ranking: 4/33, Q1 in Health Information Management)
- S. C. Chan, Z. Li, H. C. Wu* and K. M. Tsui, "A Maximum A Posteriori Probability and Time-Varying Approach for Inferring Gene Regulatory Networks from Time Course Gene Microarray Data," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 123-135, Feb. 2015.
(Citation:22; Impact Factor: 3.217; Ranking: 36/510, Q1 in Applied Mathematics; 67/275, Q1 in Biotechnology)
- J. F Wu, A.M.S. Ang, K. M. Tsui, H. C. Wu*, Y. S. Hung, Y. Hu, J. N. F. Mak, S.C. Chan, “Efficient Implementation and Design of A New Single-Channel Electrooculography-based Human-Machine Interface System,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 179-183, Feb. 2015.
(Citation: 33; Impact Factor: 3.380; Ranking 143/670, Q1 in Electrical and Electronic Engineering)
- H. C. Wu*, S. C. Chan, K. M. Tsui and Y. Hou, “A New Recursive Dynamic Factor Analysis for Point and Interval Forecast of Electricity Price,” IEEE Transactions on Power System, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 2352-2365, 2013.
(Citation: 63; Impact Factor: 9.204; Ranking:7/216, Q1 in Energy Engineering and Power Technology)
- S. C. Chan, K. M. Tsui, H. C. Wu*, Y. Hou, Y. C. Wu and F. F. Wu, “Load/Price Forecasting and Managing Demand Response for Smart Grids: Methodologies and Challenges,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 68-85, 2012.
(Citation: 199, Impact Factor: 11.289; Ranking 4/103,Q1 in Signal Processing; 21/670; Q1 in Electrical and Electronic Engineering)
- S. C. Chan, H. C. Wu* and K. M. Tsui, "Robust Recursive Eigen-decomposition and Subspace-based Algorithms with Application to Fault Detection in Wireless Sensor Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 61, no. 6, pp. 1703-1718, 2012.
(Citation: 44, Impact Factor: 4.470; Ranking 7/129, Q1 in Instrumentation)
- S. C. Chan, H. C. Wu* and K. M. Tsui, “A New Method for Preliminary Identification of Gene Regulatory Networks from Gene Microarray Cancer Data Using Ridge Partial Least Squares With Recursive Feature Elimination and Novel Brier and Occurrence Probability Measures,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics - Part A: Systems and Humans, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 1514-1528, 2012.
(Citation: 14; Impact Factor: 10.914 ; Ranking: 5/636 ,Q1 in Computer Science Application; 2/242, Q1 in Control and Systems Engineering; 9/670, Q1 in Electrical and Electronic Engineering; 3/108, Q1 in Human-Computer Interfaces)
Link to personal homepage
Link to Google Scholar page
Modified Date: Apr 27, 2022