Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Health Psychology
- Health and Wellness Development
- Adolescent Development
- Parenting and Family Education
- Life and Death Education
- Animal Assisted Interventions and Creative Therapy
Academic & Professional Experience
Associate Fellow, Chartered Psychologist, British Psychological Society (BPS)
Associate Fellow, Registered Psychologist, Hong Kong Psychological Society (HKPS)
Associate Fellow, Certified Counsellor, Approved Supervisor, Hong Kong Professional Counselling Association (HKPCA)
EuroPsy Psychologist, European Federation of Psychologists’ Associations (EFPA)
Registered Health Psychologist, Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Tang, A.C.W. (2004). “Health Practices: Wellness Lifestyle” 《健康習作 - 身心和諧的生活時尚》(in Chinese), Breakthrough, Hong Kong.
- Tang, A.C.W. (2007). “Health Realization: Wellness Pendulum in Crisis of Life”《跨越困境 - 身心醒覺的內在力量》(in Chinese), Breakthrough, Hong Kong.
- Choi, P.Y.W., Au, R.C.K. and Tang, A.C.W. et al. (2003). “Concepts of Resilience, Models for Research & Intervention” 《炮製少年不倒翁 -家校抗逆手冊》(in Chinese), Fostering Resilient Youth: Practical Handbook for Families and Schools, Breakthrough, Hong Kong.
- Tang, A.C.W. (2006). Enhancing Spiritual Resilience: Pathways of Awakening for Wellness Realization in Holistic Care. Paper presented and published in Leung Luk (ed.), Spirituality, Religion and Holistic Health: Transcendency of Human Predicament. The Nethersole Institute of Continuing Holistic Health Education (NICHE). Hong Kong.
- Chan, C. C. H., Tang, A.C.W. and Chan, C.K.H. (2006). Symposium of Innovation in Researching Positive Youth Development – Translating Programme Evaluation data into User-friendly Profiles. Papers presented in International Conference on Counselling: Counselling Youth in Transition – Innovations in Research and Practice. Hong Kong.
- Tang, A.C.W. et al. (2007). The ENABLE Project: A Community Empowerment Model of Bereavement and Loss from University Students to Populations. Paper presented in 1st Asia-Pacific Conference on Healthy Universities. Hong Kong.
- Tin A. F. and Tang A.C.W. et al. (2007). Promoting Positive Coping with Death: A Review of Life and Death Education in Hong Kong and the Role of University. Paper presented in 1st Asia-Pacific Conference on Healthy Universities. Hong Kong.
- Tang, A.C.W. (2008). Scientific Chair of the Joint Chinese Psychologist Conference and the Hong Kong Psychological Society Annual Conference 2008. Hong Kong.
Conference Theme: Unifying Health across Psychology and Other Disciplines: Dialogues, Collaborations and Implications for Chinese Societies.
- Chan, W.C.H., Tin, A.F., Chan, C.H.Y., Chan, C.L.W. and Tang, A.C.W. (2010). Introducing the 8A Model in Death Education Training: Promoting Planning for End-of Life Care for Hong Kong Chinese. Illness, Crisis & Loss, 18 (1), 49-62.
- Eachus, P. and Tang, A.C.W. (2013). Development of a Joint Psychology Programme between the University of Salford and the Open University of Hong Kong: Connections, Conflicts and Resolutions. Paper presented in the 3rd Asian Conference on Psychology and the Behavioral Sciences. Osaka, Japan.
Modified Date: Sep 01, 2019