New & Cancellation of Databases in the Electronic Library (2019)
In consultation with the Schools, the Library has conducted an annual review on database subscriptions for 2019. Changes on subscribed databases are listed below.
The following databases will be available for access in the Electronic Library starting from 1 January 2019.
- CEIC data (Provider: CEIC)
CEIC provides economic and financial indicators on macroeconomic trends worldwide. Data includes national income accounts, production and sales, employment and earnings, money supply and banking statistics, inflation, international trade, financial markets, government finance, interest rates, foreign exchange rates, investment, construction and properties, and hotels and tourism.
- Naxos Spoken Word Library (Provider: Naxos)
It is a collection of classic audiobooks consisting of spoken word on classic novels, plays, poetry and non-fiction literature from medieval times to the 20th century in English, German and French. Texts on the literature are available on screen along with the spoken presentation.
- ORP index: directory of ongoing research projects in European countries (Provider: European Books Ltd)
It is a unique source of the information on the ongoing research projects available in European countries. It covers the information on more than 180,000 research projects, more than 400,000 organizations and contact details related to these projects in European countries.
- Sage Research Method (Provider: Sage)
The database provides more than 1,000 books, reference works, journal articles, research method case studies, dataset and videos by world-leading academics from across the social sciences subject areas. It is designed to guide users at all research levels by providing materials that they need to learn about research method through every step of the research process.
- Statista (Provider: Statista Inc)
Statista provides market research, quantitative data, statistics, business and marketing related information from various industries including consumer goods and FMCG, media and advertising, retail and trade, sports and recreation, technology and telecommunications, transportation and logistics, travel, tourism and hospitality.
- 哈佛商業評論-影音知識庫 (Provider: 天下遠見出版股份有限公司)
To access the databases, search the record by typing in the database name under "Library Holdings" in the Library homepage, then click "Online access".
Effective from 1 January 2019, the following databases are no longer available from the Electronic Library.
- Yearbook of international organizations online (Provider: Union of International Associations.)
- Global issues in context (Provider: Gale Cengage Learning)
- MLA international bibliography (Provider: Gale Cengage Learning)
- BIOSIS citation index (Provider: Thomson Reuters)
- Biological abstracts (Provider: BIOSIS)
- BIOSIS Previews (Provider: BioSciences Information Service of Biological Abstracts)
- Linguistics abstracts online (Provider: Wiley-Blackwell)
- UL standards (Provider: Information Handling Services)
- ERIC (Provider: Proquest)
If you would like to know more about available resources in the Electronic Library, please visit the Library Homepage > Finding Resources > Databases.
For assistance, please contact our Information Desk at 2768 6777 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.