Further Updates on Campus Access Control Measures
In alignment with the Government’s latest arrangements on vaccination requirements of Vaccine Pass (details), including advancing the implementation of stage three Vaccine Pass and vaccination requirements for recovered persons, the University has updated its Campus Access Control Measures. Please click here for the details.
Students who recovered from COVID-19 but have not been fully vaccinated have to show proof of documented positive test to security guards in order to gain access on campus. The list of acceptable proof is as follows:
· Discharge letter issued by any public hospital or isolation facilities
· SMS/electronic record of a completed declaration on Department of Health (DH)’s “Declaration System for individuals tested positive for COVID-19 using Rapid Antigen Test”
· Record of positive nucleic acid test result issued by the Government or recognized laboratories
· Isolation order issued by the DH
· Recovery records/documents issued by the Government or the Hospital Authority
* Please note that photograph showing a positive rapid antigen test result alone cannot serve as a valid recovery record.
Other campus access control measures specified in the previous announcement dated 15 February 2022 shall remain unchanged, and are recapped below for your easy reference:
· If you are medically exempted from COVID-19 vaccination with Exemption Certificate issued by a registered doctor details , you are required to submit the Exemption Certificate with a negative result of Covid-19 test that was carried out within 7 days before campus entry via VTRS;
· You are required to use the LeaveHomeSafe app to show the QR code of either your electronic vaccination record or Exemption Certificate stored in your mobile phone to enter the campus; and
· In addition to the LeaveHomeSafe app, you are also required to tap your smart Student ID card on the campus turnstile. If you still hold the old OUHK ID card and / or have not yet picked up your new smart HKMU Student ID card, please register with the security guards at the entrance and pick up your new card at the Registry counter on 5/F, Block A, Main Campus as soon as possible. All old OUHK Student ID cards are no longer valid.
The University will continue to monitor the pandemic situation closely and make any necessary adjustments to the policy as and when required. For updates of vaccination information, you may refer to the University’s website at https://www.hkmu.edu.hk/covid-19-info-hub/ or visit the Government’s website at https://www.covidvaccine.gov.hk/en/. Thank you.
Prof. Lui Yu Hon
Vice President (Resources and Development)
Hong Kong Metropolitan University
8 April 2022
Other than this announcement, LiPACE students should also read LiPACE announcements for access to Lai King and Kwai Hing campuses.