B. Add/Drop Course(s) : 27 May – 6 June 2019
Date & Time
All undergraduate students
(Year 1 – 4)
From 27 May (2:30 p.m.) to 6 June 2019 (5:00 p.m.)
Should you wish to apply for the following, please submit an Online ADD/DROP form* via your Student Portal (MyOUHK). The applications will be passed to the School concerned for approval:
Ø Add retake full-time undergraduate course(s) that were failed in previous term(s)
(Please submit the retake application in the first week for earlier process)
Ø Add extra course(s) that are not your prescribed curriculum in this term;
Ø Drop course(s).
If you are unable to access the Online Add/Drop form during the above period, please contact the Admissions & Enrolment Office (Undergraduate) of Registry (Tel: 2768-8650 / 2768-6704; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Online Add/Drop Application Form Instruction Kit:
Please browse è Instruction for Completing the Online ADD/DROP Form – The Kit shows you how to fill in the Online ADD/DROP Form via the Student Portal (MyOUHK).
Points to note:
1. DO not submit the Add/Drop application form to swap class section(s) or add elective / GE course(s).
2. Online Add/Drop Form can be submitted ONCE only in each term.
3. Once you submitted the Add/Drop Form, you are NOT allowed to make further changes.
4. If you wish to RETAKE course(s) in part-time (distance learning) mode to replace your failed full-time undergraduate course(s), please collect the application form in person at the Admissions & Enrolment Office (Undergraduate) (Room C0514, Block C) within the Add/Drop period. The completed application form must be returned to the Office by the deadline (12 June 2019, Wednesday).
5. You should ensure there is NO time clash in your schedule and that the courses enrolled can be counted for graduation.
6. You should read your Advice on Course Selection to check your course selection criteria before submitting the online ADD/DROP form for Adding/Dropping Course(s).
7. Early submission does not guarantee that your request is accepted. The result of your application depends on the availability of the course places and School’s approval.
8. If you have been approved of adding/dropping course(s), you will not be allowed to transfer back to your original course(s) and class section(s).
9. Please submit your online ADD/DROP form before the deadline (6 June 2019, 5:00 p.m., Thursday). Late applications will NOT be processed.
10. Please note that it takes time to process the applications and obtain approval from Schools. The application for Adding or Dropping Course will be processed as soon as practicable. Under normal circumstances, at least 10 working days will be needed for processing the applications and obtaining approval from Schools. Please check the result on the class schedule via the Student Portal (MyOUHK) 10 working days after submission of the online ADD/DROP form.
11. If your application for adding retake / extra course(s) is approved, you will be required to settle the tuition fee for your added course(s) after the Add/Drop period of the 2019 Summer Term. The University will notify you of the payment arrangement in July 2019. Please contact the Admissions & Enrolment Office (Undergraduate) of the Registry for any enquiries.
12. Further requests from students to drop course(s) after the Add/Drop period will normally be handled as an application for withdrawal from course(s). Should you want to withdraw from a course after the Add/Drop period, you should submit your application (RF-WD-C), with supporting reasons in writing, to the Registrar by the stipulated deadline. Late applications will not be processed. For details regarding the application for course withdrawal, please refer to the Undergraduate Programmes Student Handbook. The tuition fees paid for the course(s) withdrawn will NOT be refundable or transferable. If the tuition fees of the withdrawn course(s) are not yet settled, you must pay the course fees for the withdrawn course(s). If the outstanding balance of tuition fees is not settled by the stipulated deadline, you will be deemed to have withdrawn from the studies at the University. The academic work done in the above term shall not be recognized by the University.