•      About OUHK     

  •      Admissions     

  •      Academics     

  •     Administration    

  •      Library     

  •     Research    

  • Registration

     Distance Learning Homepage  Credit exemptions  Finances  Registration
    IB B891F
    International Marketing Strategy
    IB B891F
    International Marketing Strategy
    Course Coordinator:
      2019 Summer: Mr Wong Hon Shing, B.ENG (Sunderland); MBA (CUHK); MSSc (CityU of HK)
      2019 Autumn: Dr Woo Ka Shing, MBA (Stirling); PhD (Nottingham)

    Advisory prerequisite(s)
    You are advised to have already studied MGT B820F.

    This course aims to introduce students to the environmental forces surrounding international marketing, in order to equip them with the knowledge necessary to operate successfully within this environment. The course provides students with an in-depth understanding of the current methodologies, tools and techniques that are applied in developing, implementing and evaluating the effectiveness of international marketing strategies.

    The course covers the following topics:

    • Global business environment: political, economic, legal and technological

    • Cross-cultural consumer behavior

    • Global market research

    • Global market segmentation, targeting and positioning strategies

    • Global market entry strategies

    • Product and branding decisions

    • Pricing decisions

    • Global marketing channels and distribution decisions

    • Global marketing communication decisions

    • Organizing for global marketing

    Contact hours
    Normally two to three hours per week.

    The continuous assessment portion of the course accounts for 80% of the total course score, while the oral assessment accounts for the remaining 20% of the total course score.

    Set book(s)
    MKT B891 International Marketing Strategy (a custom textbook).

    Accessibility | Privacy policies | Terms and policies | Webmaster
    © 2019 by The Open University of Hong Kong. All Rights Reserved.
    Site Map Site map
    About OUHK
    President's Message
    Vision & Mission
    Strategic Plan
    Governance & Organization
    Principal Officers
    Honorary Graduates & University Fellows
    Facts & Figures
    School of Arts and Social Sciences
    Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration
    School of Education and Languages
    School of Nursing and Health Studies
    School of Science and Technology
    Li Ka Shing Institute of Professional and Continuing Education (LiPACE)
    Educational Technology and Development Unit
    Facilities Management Unit
    Finance Unit
    Human Resources Unit
    Information Technology Unit
    Mainland and International Affairs Office
    OUHK Shenzhen Office
    Public Affairs Unit
    Quality Assurance Office
    Research Office
    Student Affairs Office
    Research Postgraduate Programmes
    Postgraduate Programmes
    Postgraduate Programmes (Part-time)
    Undergraduate Programmes
    Undergraduate Programmes (Part-time)
    Sub-degree Programmes
    Sub-degree Programmes (Part-time)
    Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Programmes
    Programmes from LiPACE
    Annual Review 2017-2018
    Choose your study programme
    Events Calendar
    Giving to OUHK
    Information for
    Prospective Students
    Current Students
    Jockey Club Home Health Watch Programme
    Media coverage
    Motto: Disce, Progredere, Crea
    Open Learning Resources
    iTunes U
    Knowledge for All
    OUHK Great Speakers Series
    Privacy policies
    Terms and policies
    Research Office (RO)
    RGC Funded Projects
    Institutional Repository
    Other Funded Research Projects
    Staff Publications
    Research Degree Programmes
    External Research Funding
    Internal Research Funding
    External Funding for Development Project
    Site Search
    Social Media
    YouTube Channel
    Student Life & Support
    Students' Achievements
    Switch on to e-materials
    Useful Information
    Adverse weather arrangements
    Campus location
    Job Openings
    Contact us
    Telephone: (852-2711-2100)
    Facsimile: (852-2715-0760)
    Email: info@ouhk.edu.hk
    View the videos of Full-time Face-to-face Undergraduate Programme selected seminars
    Web for All
    Back To Top