•      About OUHK     

  •      Admissions     

  •      Academics     

  •     Administration    

  •      Library     

  •     Research    

  • Registration

     Credit exemptions  Finances
    IB B890F
    International Management Strategy
    IB B890F
    International Management Strategy

    Course Coordinator: Dr Chan Shiu Fai, MBA (CNAA); PhD (Bradford)

    The course aims to provide students with a contemporary overview of the management and strategies of international business, and equips them with the knowledge and tools that underpin international business success. Additionally, the course reinforces and integrates students’ existing knowledge of strategy and functional management, and extends its use to an international context. The course also enlightens students on the contemporary challenges and issues faced by international managers, and guides them to manage these issues strategically.

    The course covers the following topics:

    • The challenging context of international business
    • Political and trade forces
    • Sociocultural forces
    • Economic and financial forces
    • International competitive strategy
    • International markets: assessment and entry modes
    • International marketing and operations
    • International human resources and leadership
    • International organizational design, decision making and control
    • Current issues of international management

    Contact hours
    Normally three hours per week

    The continuous assessment portion of the course accounts for 40% of the total course score, while the final examination accounts for the remaining 60%. Students are required to submit assignments via the Online Learning Environment (OLE).

    Set book(s)
    IB B890 International Management Strategy (a custom textbook).

    Accessibility | Privacy policies | Terms and policies | Webmaster
    © 2020 by The Open University of Hong Kong. All Rights Reserved.
    Site Map Site map
    About OUHK
    President's Message
    Vision & Mission
    Strategic Plan
    Governance & Organization
    Principal Officers
    Honorary Graduates & University Fellows
    Facts & Figures
    School of Arts and Social Sciences
    Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration
    School of Education and Languages
    School of Nursing and Health Studies
    School of Science and Technology
    Li Ka Shing School of Professional and Continuing Education (LiPACE)
    Educational Technology and Development Unit
    Finance and Facilities Management Unit
    Human Resources Unit
    Information Technology Unit
    Mainland and International Affairs Office
    OUHK Shenzhen Office
    Public Affairs Unit
    Quality Assurance Office
    Research Office
    Student Affairs Office
    Research Postgraduate Programmes
    Postgraduate Programmes
    Postgraduate Programmes (Part-time)
    Undergraduate Programmes
    Undergraduate Programmes (Part-time)
    Sub-degree Programmes
    Sub-degree Programmes (Part-time)
    Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Programmes
    Programmes from LiPACE
    Annual Review 2017-2018
    Choose your study programme
    Events Calendar
    Giving to OUHK
    Information for
    Prospective Students
    Current Students
    Jockey Club Home Health Watch Programme
    Media coverage
    Motto: Disce, Progredere, Crea
    Open Learning Resources
    iTunes U
    Knowledge for All
    OUHK Great Speakers Series
    Privacy policies
    Terms and policies
    Research Office (RO)
    RGC Funded Projects
    Institutional Repository
    Other Funded Research Projects
    Staff Publications
    Research Degree Programmes
    External Research Funding
    Internal Research Funding
    External Funding for Development Project
    Site Search
    Social Media
    YouTube Channel
    Student Life & Support
    Students' Achievements
    Switch on to e-materials
    Useful Information
    Adverse weather arrangements
    Campus location
    Job Openings
    Contact us
    Telephone: (852-2711-2100)
    Facsimile: (852-2715-0760)
    Email: info@ouhk.edu.hk
    View the videos of Full-time Face-to-face Undergraduate Programme selected seminars
    Web for All
    Back To Top