•      About OUHK     

  •      Admissions     

  •      Academics     

  •     Administration    

  •      Library     

  •     Research    

  • Registration

     Credit exemptions  Finances
    CGV B897F
    Corporate Administration and Secretaryship
    CGV B897F
    Corporate Administration and Secretaryship

    Course Coordinator: Lam Siu Wa, Master of Business (University of Newcastle, Australia); Master of Corporate Governance (HK PolyU); FCS; FCIS; CGP

    Advisory prerequisite(s)
    You are advised to have already studied LAW B868F.

    This course aims to provide learners with a sound foundation in the legal framework of incorporating, maintaining and dissolving a company in Hong Kong. It focuses on the application of relevant theories to the daily administrative work and secretarial practices undertaken by company secretaries in the commercial field or in company secretarial firms. The course also provides learners with a general understanding of employment law and labour-related legislation in Hong Kong.

    The course covers the following topics:

    • The role of corporate administrators, business ethics and corporate sustainability

    • The obligations of employers and employees under common law, the Employment Ordinance and the Minimum Wage Ordinance

    • Equal Opportunities and protection of personal data legislation

    • Occupational safety and health, employee compensation and Mandatory Provident Fund schemes

    • Termination, employment protection, and labour dispute resolution

    • Intellectual property rights

    • Formation of Hong Kong companies and registration of non-Hong Kong companies

    • Company directors, company secretaries, auditors and company meetings

    • Equity and debt financing and registration of charges

    • Disclosure of financial and price-sensitive information and interest in shares and debentures

    • Capital reconstruction, schemes of arrangement, takeovers and mergers, receivership, and dissolution of companies

    Contact hours
    Normally three hours per week.

    The continuous assessment portion of the course accounts for 40% of the total course score, while the final examination accounts for the remaining 60% of the total course score. Students are required to submit assignments via the Online Learning Environment (OLE).

    Set book(s)
    There are no set books for this course.

    This is a two-term course starting in the Spring term with teaching activities in the Summer term. The course will end in the Summer term.

    Accessibility | Privacy policies | Terms and policies | Webmaster
    © 2020 by The Open University of Hong Kong. All Rights Reserved.
    Site Map Site map
    About OUHK
    President's Message
    Vision & Mission
    Strategic Plan
    Governance & Organization
    Principal Officers
    Honorary Graduates & University Fellows
    Facts & Figures
    School of Arts and Social Sciences
    Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration
    School of Education and Languages
    School of Nursing and Health Studies
    School of Science and Technology
    Li Ka Shing School of Professional and Continuing Education (LiPACE)
    Educational Technology and Development Unit
    Finance and Facilities Management Unit
    Human Resources Unit
    Information Technology Unit
    Mainland and International Affairs Office
    OUHK Shenzhen Office
    Public Affairs Unit
    Quality Assurance Office
    Research Office
    Student Affairs Office
    Research Postgraduate Programmes
    Postgraduate Programmes
    Postgraduate Programmes (Part-time)
    Undergraduate Programmes
    Undergraduate Programmes (Part-time)
    Sub-degree Programmes
    Sub-degree Programmes (Part-time)
    Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Programmes
    Programmes from LiPACE
    Annual Review 2017-2018
    Choose your study programme
    Events Calendar
    Giving to OUHK
    Information for
    Prospective Students
    Current Students
    Jockey Club Home Health Watch Programme
    Media coverage
    Motto: Disce, Progredere, Crea
    Open Learning Resources
    iTunes U
    Knowledge for All
    OUHK Great Speakers Series
    Privacy policies
    Terms and policies
    Research Office (RO)
    RGC Funded Projects
    Institutional Repository
    Other Funded Research Projects
    Staff Publications
    Research Degree Programmes
    External Research Funding
    Internal Research Funding
    External Funding for Development Project
    Site Search
    Social Media
    YouTube Channel
    Student Life & Support
    Students' Achievements
    Switch on to e-materials
    Useful Information
    Adverse weather arrangements
    Campus location
    Job Openings
    Contact us
    Telephone: (852-2711-2100)
    Facsimile: (852-2715-0760)
    Email: info@ouhk.edu.hk
    View the videos of Full-time Face-to-face Undergraduate Programme selected seminars
    Web for All
    Back To Top