Gown Hiring Procedures
1. For graduates wishing to hire an academic gown, you are required to submit your confirmation of gown rental via the Student Portal “MyOUHK” or completing the Form G-AT before the stipulated deadline.
2. The University will send you the “Gown Rental letter” with a login ID and instructions for reserving of your academic gown via post around mid-October 2019.
3. Make your online gown rental reservation with a login code at the website of Victoria Uniform between 28 October and 22 November 2019.
4. Select if you would like to collect the gown in person at Victoria Uniform’s rental outlet or have the gown delivered* (Graduate will have to pay for the delivery charge).
5. Print 2 copies of the “Academic Regalia Rental Service - Gown Rental & Deposit Form” at the end of the online reservation.
6. Collect your gown at the selected Victoria Uniform’s rental outlet with the following items:
Gown Return Procedures
1. Return all rented items to the same outlet from where the gown is collected on or before the due date.
2. Present the graduate’s copy of “Academic Regalia Rental Service - Gown Rental & Deposit Form”.
3. Deposit will be refunded in cash by Victoria Uniform if all items are returned in good conditions and on time.
Online Booking + Gown Collection & Gown Rental Period
+Extension fee, if any, will be deducted from the deposit. If the extension is less than 7 days, it will be counted as a 7-day charge, and the maximum extension fee will be limited to the amount of deposit.
How to wear your gown
1. A light color shirt will match nicely with your gown.
2. Put the hood over the gown, rest it on your shoulders, and secure it by putting the string loop at the tip of the hood around a button on your shirt.
3. Make sure the hood is in a V-shaped and slightly open at the back.
4. For the graduates of Doctoral Degree, wear the bonnet with the tassel on the left; for the graduates of Master’s Degrees, Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate and Bachelor’s Degrees, the peak of the mortarboard should be pointing at the center of your forehead with the tassel on the left.
Victoria Uniform (http://www.victoriauniform.com/)
Tel: 3118 4396 / 3105 5009
Graduation Office ( email@example.com )
Modified Date: Sep 13, 2019