1. Will I be presented the certificate during the ceremony?
No. Certificates have already been distributed to 2019 graduates. If you haven’t collected yet, you can collect it in person at the Graduation Office during office hours.
2. How long will the Congregation last? May I leave early?
The Congregation will normally last for 1-1.5 hours.
As an expression of respect for all graduates & their guests, please remain in your seat throughout the ceremony and do not leave the Arena until the end of the ceremony.
3. When should my guests and I arrive at the venue?
+ Graduates should arrive and be seated inside the venue 30 minutes before the ceremony starts. They should have put on the academic dress for pre-Congregation briefing.
+ Guests should arrive at the venue 15 minutes before the ceremony.
Please allow sufficient time for transportation and be punctual. Late arrivals will not be allowed to enter the venue until an appropriate time.
4. Do I need to go on the stage?
Yes, graduates will be conferred individually on stage.
5. Can I take photographs during the Ceremony?
The University has arranged professional photographers to take photographs during the Ceremony. To avoid interrupting the process of the ceremony, the audience is not allowed to leave their seats for taking photographs during the Ceremony.
6. Is there a dress code for the graduates attending the Congregation?
The Congregation is a formal occasion. Casual wears like sneakers, flip-flops, jeans are not appropriate for the occasion.
About Academic Dress
7. How to borrow the academic gown?
For graduates requiring gown rental services, you are required to complete the online gown reservation procedures from 10 – 31 March 2020 at the website of the vendor, i.e. Victoria Uniform (www.victoriauniform.com). Please refer to the letter (which will be sent to your postal address) for login ID and online reservation details.
8. When is the gown collection period?
If gown hiring requests have been made, graduates are required to arrange their gown collection from 10 – 31 March 2020.
9. How long is the gown rental period? How can I get the refund of gown deposit?
The gown rental period is on a 42-day basis, counting from the date of collection. You are required to pay for the deposit in cash (HKD$) at the time of gown collection and the gown deposit will be refunded to you in cash (HKD$) by Victoria Uniform at the rental outlet if all items are returned on time and in good condition.
10. Do I need to pay rental fee?
Rental fee will be waived by presenting the Gown Rental letter.
11. Can I extend the rental period?
Yes, you can extend the rental period by paying an extension fee. For details, please visit the website of the vendor, i.e. Victoria Uniform (www.victoriauniform.com).
12. Can I hire the gown for photo-taking only if I cannot attend the Congregation?
Yes, please complete the online gown reservation from 10 – 31 March 2020 on the website of the vendor, i.e. Victoria Uniform (www.victoriauniform.com). Please refer to the letter (which will be sent to your postal address) for login ID and online reservation details.
13. Can I buy my own set of academic gown?
You can make purchase with the vendor. Or you can tailor your own academic gown following the specified color and style for the appropriate level of award.
14. What is the proper way to wear the academic dress?
Please refer to the academic dress page for information.
Congregation Admission Tickets
15. Can I get more than two guest tickets?
Yes, as long as spare seats are available. Please indicate your request for additional guest tickets in the Form G-AT / online G-AT or by sending an email to the Graduation Office firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional guest tickets will be sent to you by post along with your admission ticket.
16. What should I do if I lost my admission ticket/guest ticket?
You should contact the Graduation Office immediately if you lost the admission ticket.Guest ticket will NOT be reissued.
(Note: Admission ticket is required for entering the venue.)
17. Any assigned seating for Graduates and guests?
There are assigned seating for Graduates. However, free seating for their guests.
18. Can I bring my children with me to the Congregation?
According to the house rules for this event, children under 6 years of age will not be admitted inside the Hall.
19. Do I need to submit the confirmation again if I did that last year?
Yes, you are required to submit the confirmation on or before 16 February 2020 if you would like to attend the Congregation in March 2020.
20. Can I still request for attending the Congregation if I missed the deadline?
No. Graduates are required to confirm their attendance for Congregation on or before 16 February 2020.
21. What should I do if I want to amend my confirmation of attendance?
Amendment of attendance of Congregation can be made by sending an email to the Graduation Office email@example.com before deadline.
Amendment made after the deadline will NOT be accepted.
22. How do I know if I have submitted my confirmation successfully? Can I check my submission record?
If you have completed the confirmation and included your personal email address via MyOUHK, you will receive an acknowledge email. You can also review your submission record by login to MyOUHK before deadline; for paper form submission, you will receive an acknowledgment within 7 days if you have returned the acknowledge slip with the Form G-AT.
23. Are there any parking spaces at the venue?
As there is no parking facility at the venue, public transportation is recommended.
Advanced Standing & Graduation Office ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Modified Date: Feb 03, 2020