The purpose of the Theme-based Activity Fund is to facilitate student units to organize large scale activities that related to the followings:
1. Enhancing the campus community engagement;
2. Instilling positive energy to the campus community;
3. Nurturing youth values (e.g. positivity, resilience, growth mindset, can-do spirits & de-stressing)
Students’ Union and active student society
Level of support:
- Up to $10,000 for each student society; the fund could be allocated to a maximum of 2 activities;
- Up to $50,000 for Students’ Union; the fund could be allocated to a maximum of 5 activities;
- Each student unit can apply the funding once during the term of office;
- Student units may submit a collaborative proposal for combining funding support. The maximum level of support would be equivalent to the total amount that could be given to all concerned student unit;
- There is no cap of the fund to be granted to an activity but the total amount of all activities should not exceed the respective funding ceilings as stipulated above;
- Normally, most of the activity expenses will be funded such as program or registration fee, equipment, promotion, printing and program materials, except food and beverage and valuable items like electronic appliances.
- Food and beverage will be funded on rare occasions like serving food for honorable guests and materials in cooking class. Purchase of materials, hiring coaches/trainers or provision of honorarium to guests should follow the prevailing human resources or procurement procedure of the University. SAO will facilitate the process as necessary.
- The proposed idea should achieve at least one objective stated above;
- The applicant should be the chairperson of the student unit;
- The proposed activities should NOT be the same as that have been incorporated in the annual year plan submitted to CSA via the Student Management System. If we received the same activity proposal for the theme-based activity fund, your activity application submitted to CSA via SMS will be withdrawn.
- The activities should be non-profit making
- To facilitate the applications from student units
with different start dates of the term, two windows will be opened as follows.
For Activity Period of
30 June 2021
10 July to 31 December 2021
14 November 2021
1 January to 31 May 2022
- For joint societies’ activity application, only the society taking the leading role is required to submit the application. SAO will contact the societies involved to confirm the funding allocation and details.
Project completion report:
- Applicants are required to submit the Project Completion Report Form
one month upon the completion of event.
Interested students units
can submit the application via the online platform
by the deadline.
[login account and password have been sent to eligible student societies in a separate email]
Please click Here
for the application guideline and the template of the Online Application Form. Applicants may refer to the template for the contents required for the online application.