• Home

  • About SAO

  • Career and

  • Scholarships and
    Financial Assistance

  • Student Development
    and Support

  • Sports and

  • Student Counselling

  • Orientation

  • The Open University of Hong Kong

    Common Q&A for employment in Great Bay Area

      Work Permit

    Q: Do I need a work permit for employment in Mainland?

    A: No, the State Council has confirmed the abolition of 11 administrative licences which includes approvals for work permits for employment in Mainland for residents from Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao.

    Source form: The GuoFa [2018] No.28 ("the Circular") published on 28 July 2018, the State Council has confirmed the abolition of 11 administrative licences ("the abolishment").

      Residence Permit
    Q: As a Hong Kong resident, how can I apply for the residence permit in Mainland?
    A: Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao residents who
    (1) Have stayed in the Mainland for more than six months and
    (2) Have a stable job; stable residence or continuing studies in the Mainland
    That resident will be able to apply for residence permits in order to enhance their access to basic social welfare and services, for instance, in the areas of education, entrepreneurship, employment and living aspects, in the Mainland.
    Source from: Circular of the General Office of the State Council on Issuing the Measures for Applying for and Issuing Residence Permits for Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan Residents (GuoBanFa [2018] No.81) 6 August 2018
      Tax Issue
    Q: How much tax I am going to pay while working in Mainland?
    A: If an individual without domicile stays in the Mainland China for
    (1) 183 days or more in a year and*
    (2) In the preceding six consecutive years the individual stays less than 183 days any one year or leaves the Mainland China for more than 30 days in one occasion*
    The individual's overseas-sourced income will be exempted from Individual Income Tax (“IIT”)
    Source from: Public Notice Regarding Criteria for Determining Days of Residence of Individuals without Domicile within the Mainland China (Public Notice [2019] No.34)
    Information reference from HK government website: https://www.gdeto.gov.hk/tc/guide/index.html#preface

    Site Map
    About OUHK
    President's Message
    Vision & Mission
    Strategic Plan
    Governance & Organization
    Principal Officers
    Honorary Graduates & University Fellows
    Facts & Figures
    School of Arts and Social Sciences
    Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration
    School of Education and Languages
    School of Nursing and Health Studies
    School of Science and Technology
    Li Ka Shing School of Professional and Continuing Education (LiPACE)
    Office for Advancement of Learning and Teaching
    Finance and Facilities Management Unit
    Human Resources Unit
    Information Technology Unit
    Mainland and International Affairs Office
    OUHK Shenzhen Office
    Public Affairs Unit
    Quality Assurance Office
    Research Office
    Student Affairs Office
    Research Postgraduate Programmes
    Postgraduate Programmes
    Postgraduate Programmes (Part-time)
    Undergraduate Programmes
    Undergraduate Programmes (Part-time)
    Sub-degree Programmes
    Sub-degree Programmes (Part-time)
    Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Programmes
    Programmes from LiPACE
    Annual Review 2017-2018
    Choose your study programme
    Events Calendar
    Giving to OUHK
    Information for
    Prospective Students
    Current Students
    Jockey Club Home Health Watch Programme
    Media coverage
    Motto: Disce, Progredere, Crea
    Open Learning Resources
    iTunes U
    Knowledge for All
    OUHK Great Speakers Series
    Privacy policies
    Terms and policies
    Research Office (RO)
    RGC Funded Projects
    Institutional Repository
    Other Funded Research Projects
    Staff Publications
    Research Degree Programmes
    External Research Funding
    Internal Research Funding
    External Funding for Development Project
    Site Search
    Social Media
    YouTube Channel
    Student Life & Support
    Students' Achievements
    Switch on to e-materials
    Useful Information
    Adverse weather arrangements
    Campus location
    Job Openings
    Contact us
    Telephone: (852-2711-2100)
    Facsimile: (852-2715-0760)
    Email: info@ouhk.edu.hk
    View the videos of Full-time Face-to-face Undergraduate Programme selected seminars
    Web for All
    Back To Top