OUHK students who wish to use communal area on campuses for video-shooting, primarily for assignment or study project, should seek prior approval from our Facilities Management Services provider (Hong Yip). Also, please note the following regulations and application procedures:
Active full-time or distance learning students
Conditions of use:
1. Approval of video-shooting applications will be granted on need basis.
2. Application should be made to Hong Yip at least 2 working days prior to the shooting day. Application forms can be submitted by e-mail or in person to Finance and Facilities Management Unit (FFMU). Details are as follows:
Please submit your application form (Word / PDF) to the respective FFMU office according to your shooting location.
3. Hong Yip will approve all applications on need basis and facilitate use of the communal area on a first-come-first-served basis.
4. A maximum of one-month advance application is allowed.
5. All shooting sessions should be kept as short as possible in order not to disrupt the use of communal area by other parties. Please be reminded that the requested communal area is not reserved for the shooting session exclusively but may be co-used by others. Shooting activity during peak hours (such as 8:30 - 9:15 am, 12:45 - 2:15 pm or 5:30 - 6:15 pm on weekdays) is not recommended.
6. User(s) may be requested to show their valid OUHK student ID card(s) to campus security guard(s) for identification or security purpose.
7. Passageways should NOT be blocked during the course of shooting.
8. Students should take necessary precautionary measures against any damage to the University’s facilities or accidents throughout the shooting session. No posting on walls/pillars/glass surface/ground is allowed.
9. All equipment/props should be removed at the end of the shooting session.
10.Please be reminded NOT to leave personal belongings unattended.
11.No commercial activity is allowed unless prior permission has been obtained from the University.
12.Hong Yip reserves the right to revoke permission granted for shooting on campus in short notice when circumstances warrant.
Finance and Facilities Management Unit
Modified Date: Mar 25, 2020