OUHK Student Financial Assistance Scheme for 2019 Spring Term Successful Applicants with loan or bursary(For Part-time Students)
(For Part-time Students)
The first round successful applicants who have accepted our loan/ bursary and returned the required supporting documents will receive a Confirmation Letter in mid-January 2019 (Second round Pay After One Year loan recipients will receive the Confirmation Letter by early February 2019). Please keep the Confirmation Letter for your future dealing with the Inland Revenue Department.
Please note the following important details:
- For Full Bursary recipients
Full bursary recipients are invited to write a thank you letter to the respective donor and an essay for the award received to Student Affairs Office, by 8 February 2019.
- For Partial Bursary recipients
Partial bursary recipients are invited to write a thank you letter to the respective donor and an essay for the award received to Student Affairs Office, by 8 February 2019.
Besides, partial bursary recipients can apply for Extended Non-means Tested Loan Scheme (ENLS) and Continuing Education Fund (CEF) administered by the Student Finance Office (SFO) of the Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency (WFSFAA) for reimbursement of the tuition amount paid. For details, please refer to the following remarks.
- For application of ENLS, applicants must submit the completed ENLS application form, original tuition fee receipt(s) and completed loan documents to SFO on or before 22 March 2019 or 4 weeks after the payment date/ payment due date of the tuition fee, whichever is the later. Please contact staff of SFO at 2150-6223 or click here for details.
- For application of CEF, the course(s) must be approved reimbursable course(s) under CEF (for the 50% tuition fee paid by own means). Applicants must submit the completed CEF application form to the Student Affairs Office of OUHK for certification and submit the certified CEF application to the Office of CEF before 21 January 2019, which is the commencement date of the courses of 2019 Spring Term. Upon successful completion of the course and having passed it at the threshold prescribing by the Office of the CEF, applicants can apply for reimbursement of 80% of the course fee, subject to a maximum sum of HK$10,000 (whichever is less). Please contact staff of the Office of CEF at 3142-2277 or click here for details
- For Loan recipients
Loan recipients will receive a repayment schedule and Direct Debit Authorization (DDA) forms for arrangement of auto-debit payment in the following dates:
- Pay After One Year (PAOY) Loan - before the 1st instalment due date in mid-February 2020
- Pay On Graduation (POG) Loan - when conditions for repayment are met
Please complete the DDA applications at least 8 weeks before the 1st instalment due date and maintain sufficient fund in the bank accounts. A copy of completed DDA form should be submitted to the Student Affairs Office (by mail or by fax).
- The autopay transaction will be conducted at 00:00 on the respective due dates. If an instalment due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday, the autopay transaction will be conducted on the next working day.
- A penalty charge of HK$30 will be imposed on each unsuccessful autopay transaction. A surcharge of 5% on the overdue instalment will be levied on all loans if payment of any instalment is delayed by 7 days or more. If payment for two instalments has not been made, repayment of the outstanding loan, surcharge and penalty charge will be due immediately. Any overpaid amount for a particular instalment and related charges will not be refunded or carried forward to the next instalment.
For enquiries, please contact the Student Affairs Office (Tel: 2768-6636, Fax: 2712-2301, Email: email@example.com).