Library Enquiry Service Enhancement and the New Research Consultation Service
In order to meet the changing needs of our students and faculty, the enhanced Library Enquiry Service and the new Research Consultation Service have been launched on 30 March 2020.
To strengthen our enquiry service, the Information Desk and Circulation Counter services have been integrated to provide a one-stop service point for our library users. This initiative enables us to extend our enquiry service hours significantly and users can receive instant assistance from our staff at the integrated Service Counter in each campus Library at any time during the library opening hours.
Moreover, with the aim of supporting the research needs of our faulty members, postgraduate students and undergraduate students, the new Research Consultation Service is already in place. Here are some examples of the topics that could be covered in a consultation session:
- Recommendation of databases and other resources most relevant to your research or assignment topic
- Developing a search strategy
- Beginning a literature review
- Searching library databases effectively and obtaining the full text of journal articles
- Identifying high-impact or top journals in your research area
- Using citation databases to find the most cited references which are relevant to your research topic
- Managing references and citations
To make a one-on-one or small group appointment with our reference librarian face-to-face or via Zoom, , please send an email to email@example.com. Our staff will contact you to confirm the arrangement once the request is received.