This programme aims to provide broad, high quality education and practical knowledge and skills for those who wish to pursue careers as company secretaries and/or corporate administrators in Hong Kong. By completing a partial or full programme, students may obtain accreditation/recognition from relevant academic and professional bodies. After acquiring the qualification, students can expand their career opportunities, work towards career advancement or further their post-graduate or professional qualifications.
On successful completion of the degree, students of the BBCAF programme should be able to:
- demonstrate a broad knowledge of the following aspects of management:
- Principles and practices of management;
- Organizational behaviour;
- Business communication;
- Business information systems;
- Business law; and
- Quantitative methods.
- adapt to the changing nature of Hong Kong's business environment and become more analytical and independent;
- develop effective communication skills and interpersonal behaviour;
- demonstrate understanding of the practice and activities of key aspects of the company secretaryship and administration;
- apply knowledge in the professional practice of good governance of business and non-business entities;
- make sound business judgment;
- explain and demonstrate the concept of business and professional integrity, especially in the area of professional ethics in company secretarial practice, and demonstrate ability to take on responsibility;
- establish a firm basis for postgraduate or professional studies.
- provide details and explanations of advanced and specialized areas of corporate administration;
- demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of a full range of theories underpinning good governance of business and non-business entities;
- apply related theories and analytical skills to explain the changing business environment in Hong Kong;
- demonstrate skills in solving advanced problems and analyzing complex situations in professional administration; and
- develop a thorough knowledge of the application of Hong Kong statutory provisions and practice governing the work of company secretary.