transfer opportunity is available for students who have completed tertiary level
studies elsewhere. Advanced standing deals with credit transfer/credit
exemption here in the OUHK.
Successful advanced standing/credit exemption applicants will be awarded transferred credits for their previous academic attainments. These transferred credits may be counted towards the requirements for the graduation of an OUHK award. In this way, the time required for the completion of an OUHK programme may be shortened.
In general, advanced standing/credit exemption is available for sub-degree, undergraduate degree, Postgraduate Diplomas and Master's degree programmes, with the exception of:
- The Associate Diploma in Health Services Management;
- 80-credit honours degree programmes;
- The Bachelor of Nursing degree;
- Pathway II and III of the degree of Bachelor of Social Sciences with Honours in Law Enforcement and Security Management;
- Pathway II and III of the degrees of: Bachelor of Language Studies (English) with Honours and Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Primary), Bachelor of Language Studies (English) with Honours and Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Secondary), Bachelor of Language Studies (English) and Bachelor of Language Studies (English) with Honours;
- Postgraduate certificates;
- The Master of Philosophy degree;
- The Doctor of Business Administration degree;
- The Doctor of Education degree.
Award of transferred credits is restricted to eligible qualifications. Also, there is a maximum ceiling determined for each applicant which defines the highest amount of awards an applicant is eligible to receive. More details are given in the page Eligibility and Maximum Entitlement.
There are 3 types of credit transfer, namely, General Credit Transfer (GCT), Specific Credit Transfer (SCT) and Block Credit Transfer (BCT). Each type of transferred credits has its specific use in counting towards programme requirements.
The University has recently relaxed the maximum advanced standing by BCT to 80 credits for relevant Associate Degrees and Higher Diplomas towards an OUHK 120-credit bachelor's degree and 160-credit honours bachelor's degree respectively.
OUHK graduates who wish to complete a second OUHK programme may apply for advanced standing/credit exemption based on the first OUHK award. Details are given in the page Completing a Second OUHK Programme with Advanced Standing/Credit Exemption .
You may contact the Advanced Standing Office by the following means:
| || |
|Advanced Standing Office, Registry, Room A0511, 5/F, 30 Good Shepherd Street, Homantin, Kowloon, Hong Kong |
| ||Telephone: ||(852) 2768-6624 |
| ||Fax: || (852) 3018-7385 |
| ||E-mail: ||email@example.com |
| ||Our Office Hours: ||Monday to Friday |
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. - 5:40 p.m.